Tight aggressive!

• SaynotoKlaus
      SaynotoKlaus
      Bronze
      I'm trying to become a good tight aggressive player , but today when i red one of the articles i realised that i'm just a Nit ( or Weak Tight , i don't know whats the difference between these two).
      I think i have a good pre-flop play style , i play after after that starting hands table . When i decide to play a hand i raise quite aggressive , min 4 bb , if no one bet before me.
      After flop i bet only if i have something decent or a nice draw ( flush draw + overcards for example). If i have the best hand , sometimes i bet for value , other times i slowplay it , depends on my opponent . I try to win as much money as possible from my him.
      If the flop is not good for me i easily fold even if i suspect my opponent doesn't have anything good either , and i hold AK :D . That is because i'm afraid of losing money. People notice that i easily fold when i'm not sure , so they kind of exploit that , well , not all of them just good players. When i notice they are trying to exploit me , sometimes i bet really aggressive , and make them fold , even if i don't have anything.
      Usually i can get a good read on my opponents , but most of the times i don't pay attention , because i find it hard to watch 24-32 players (multitabling)
      So my major leak is that i'm quite predictable after i play some hands at a table , and people push me around easily.

So now that i told you my weakness you can use this to get my money , if we meet at the tables :) . Or you can give me some advice , that will help me improve.
      Anyways playing weak tight is not that bad after all , because in the last 15 days , since i changed my style , there was only 1 day when i didn't make any profit.
      Before i used to play loose aggressive , but i stopped after i lost some cash.

P.S. I'm sorry if your brain hurts after reading this , i'm not good at writing articles :)
  • 3 replies
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      Well sorry but if you're the above then you're a nit:)

its hard to explain what to change in your game in a msg. I'd recommend watching the coaching videos. They'll teach you when to bluff, what hands you can put opponents on etc.

If you want to maximize profit you will need to play your opponent more than just by looking at your cards and the table.
    • Darie2808
      Darie2808
      Bronze
      Aaaaw.... I just checked the dictionary for Nit.
      Not cool... :(
    • SaynotoKlaus
      SaynotoKlaus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Darie2808
      Aaaaw.... I just checked the dictionary for Nit.
      Not cool... :(
      This was me , forgot to logout with my friend's account :)