[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 AK on dry board

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $6.12
      SB:
      $6.38
      Hero:
      $9.85

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.10, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.45, BB folds, UTG calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.60) 9:club: , A:heart: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $3.00, SB folds, UTG raises to $5.60, Hero raises to $8.20, UTG raises to $5.62 (All-In).

Turn: ($15.42) 4:club:
      River: ($15.42) 9:heart:

Final Pot: $15.42

At least I hit my A on the flop and what do i get. UTG bets out strong, put him on AJ, and make normal re-raise. If he had full stack I could then fold to his push, but he is just medium stack, so here we go again...
  • 5 replies
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      You have TPTK on a dry board. I´d play the same. If he hit his set...tough luck X(
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      How can you put him on AJ, not like you have tons of information. If he seems reasonable I would much more likely put him on a set and if he is a donk he probably has a two pair most of the time. I would fold to his threebet. Most opponents have stronger hand if it's a dry board then if the board is drawy.
      If the board was twosuited he could be doing this with a flushdraw now he cant.

Oops just took note on his stacksize the call is automatic.

WP but I think it's bad for your play to put opponents on a specific hand with so little information or even a lot of information, an opponent never has a specific hand before showdown, he has a range. I thought of specific hands in the past and still do occasionally and after reviewing hands I played this way I tend to call way to easily and fold way to often.

Try to think of a number of hands he could have instead and if he has one of them give yourself a pat on the back, it's much more fun this way cause you will be right more often
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      nh, but

Try to think of a number of hands he could have instead and if he has one of them give yourself a pat on the back

you can never put villian on AJ - never. try to think in ranges.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      ok, I put villain Ax then:D
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      or a set