This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl 10 AK on dry board

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $6.12
      SB:
      $6.38
      Hero:
      $9.85

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.10, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, SB calls $0.45, BB folds, UTG calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.60) 9:club: , A:heart: , 6:diamond: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG bets $1, Hero raises to $3.00, SB folds, UTG raises to $5.60, Hero raises to $8.20, UTG raises to $5.62 (All-In).

Turn: ($15.42) 4:club:
      River: ($15.42) 9:heart:

Final Pot: $15.42

At least I hit my A on the flop and what do i get. UTG bets out strong, put him on AJ, and make normal re-raise. If he had full stack I could then fold to his push, but he is just medium stack, so here we go again...
  • 5 replies
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      You have TPTK on a dry board. I´d play the same. If he hit his set...tough luck X(
    • Pacer357
      Pacer357
      Bronze
      How can you put him on AJ, not like you have tons of information. If he seems reasonable I would much more likely put him on a set and if he is a donk he probably has a two pair most of the time. I would fold to his threebet. Most opponents have stronger hand if it's a dry board then if the board is drawy.
      If the board was twosuited he could be doing this with a flushdraw now he cant.

Oops just took note on his stacksize the call is automatic.

WP but I think it's bad for your play to put opponents on a specific hand with so little information or even a lot of information, an opponent never has a specific hand before showdown, he has a range. I thought of specific hands in the past and still do occasionally and after reviewing hands I played this way I tend to call way to easily and fold way to often.

Try to think of a number of hands he could have instead and if he has one of them give yourself a pat on the back, it's much more fun this way cause you will be right more often
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      nh, but

Try to think of a number of hands he could have instead and if he has one of them give yourself a pat on the back

you can never put villian on AJ - never. try to think in ranges.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      ok, I put villain Ax then:D
    • Peter87
      Peter87
      Bronze
      or a set