[NL2-NL10] NL4 CO ATs

• Jeffers16
      Known players:

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , T:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.20, BU folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.64) A:diamond: , 8:spade: , 8:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.64) Q:club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.2, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.64, SB raises to $1.20, Hero calls $0.56.

River: ($3.04) 6:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.48, Hero calls $2.48.

Final Pot: $8.00

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (As Ts)
      SB shows a full-house, queens full of eights (Qh Qs)

SB wins with a full-house, queens full of eights (Qh Qs)

MP3 was very spewy and had been berating me for the last 15 minutes for winning his monies. Didn't have any particular reads on SB but had noticed he seemed relatively aggressive.

Flop: I think I'm often so far ahead here and my bet into 2 opponents will make any worse hand fold. I decided to check hoping that a reasonable turn card might give some action before me on the turn.

Turn: Would have rather MP3 had taken a stab at the pot but I put SB on a Q here, maybe a weak Q due to bet size. I guess he could call pf with KQ, QJ, QT etc. I raised for value vs a Q.

Now I think I should fold to his reraise on the turn. As this doesn't really make sense if he has a Q, might be a better A or an 8?

And no idea why I called the river, bit of tilt I think :/

Fold to reraise on turn?

• 3 replies
    • valancius
      I think turn 1/3 pot bet could mean hand like KQ QJ from looser player or trap/raise induce from TAG player, although after re-raise on turn you clearly see that you are behind and you should let this hand go, tilt is expensive pleasure:)
    • Jeffers16
      Aye idd. Working on removing it from my game :P
    • veriz
      Hello Jeffers16,

Actually I totally like the idea of Checking back on flop as you mentioned for those reasons. Otherwise I'd Raise/Fold on turn even if he is min-raising, it's often a trap. And I'd make the raise a bit bigger, ~$0,80 or something similar.

Best regards.