Rakeback hit

• bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      Can someone please explain to me (like I'm a 5 year old), what rakeback hit is. I am only getting vague answers where ever I look. From what I can basically assume, you get charged for spending your FTPs. If this is true, whats the point of having rakeback?

The prices in the FT shop are rediculous as it is, but it seems wrong to pay $80 for something you can pick up online for $15.

Talk about fine print!
  • 5 replies
    • joecar
      joecar
      Silver
      Rakeback FAQ (Look here first)
    • bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      Cheers joe. thats pretty stupid, penalised for spendig money/points hard earned
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bazerk
      Just buy whatever you want when you are totally done with poker... than you won't be charged either :)
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bazerk
      Hi bazerk,

All they are doing is avoiding double-discounting.

Full Tilt are happy to give you stuff for free, e.g. player points or bonuses etc, but by deducting the amount of that free added value from your net earned rake they avoid having to pay you rakeback ontop of that freebie. It is actually fair enough if you think about it.

Please also note that you will only "lose" 27% of the value in lost potential rakeback, so it still makes for a great bonus and worth having.

e.g. If you were to spend points buying into the $1 Daily dollar tournament, you're playing a tournament for free (with a chance to win money as usual) but it's effectively only costing you 27cents in lost potential rakeback. That's a bargain to me, equivalent to satelliting into.

It's a bit early over here and only just woke up. Shout if you need clarification on any point and I'll try to explain it better when I'm more awake ;)

Best regards,

Bart
    • bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      Hey Bart,

I kinda get it now. When you put like that ( the whole daily dollar thing) its a bit easier to understand. Like I said before I was only getting vague answers.
      Cheers Bart!