Playing Against a Shove Fest ... Big Stack

• CoachB
      CoachB
      Bronze
      I need some help....

I am struggling with the period between middle game and end game.

Happy once I get to the final table but I have concentration issues after a break, particularly when we are closing in on the final table and more particularly when I have a bigger stack.

Case Study:

Live Tournament 97 runners, Down to 24. Hero is table chip leader with 3x the average stack.

Plays a massive hand three hands after the break. Villian #1 pushes for 50% of Hero's stack. Hero pot committed and calls. Hero has AQs v AKo. Hero escapes with a flush. Villian #1 out. :D

Player 4 (Villian #2) around is the short stack down to 3 BB's. He pushes 9 hands in a row. 3 times he shows 99. Once he got behind against AK and went for runner, runner quads.

Hero gets 99 on BB and Villian pushes. Hero calls. AQ, hits twice. takes 30% of my stack.

Next time around on the button. now down to 16 runners Hero limps T9 suited. Flop QT9 rainbow. Villian pushes (again). What does hero do?

Help.

CB
  • 1 reply
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      If you want strategy advice, you should give approximate stack sizes in terms of the big blind and the positions of the players. You say you limped on the button with T9s... was this an open limp? Why not raise that?