Three in a row on Tilt

• Depor07
      Depor07
      Bronze
      I usually take losses in my stride but Saturday, I lost a 70/30 all in. I congratulated the guy and went and played another game. Next game hardly played a hand, then lost the plot on a hand at final table and went out couple hands later, bad play, not bad luck. Then I entered a third tournament and hit top pair with AK and fell into the old trips trap for my whole stack. Really terrible play, not something I do anymore.
      The point is I was on a kind of slow tilt that I didnt really recognise till it was too late. I allowed negative emotions to control me in the second two games. Really getting me down that I dropped my standards this weekend.
      I have a really good record this year so far and its just effected my whole mindset this loosing day. Just the fact that I really played so terribly all day.
      So Id love any advice here on playing your A/B game most of the time. I find that when Im on Im on. Can play two levels above my usual and still competitive (I play lower limits cause I want to win money not loose), however when Im off Im horrible, really horrible.
      Any advice on improving performance, actually playing as well as you know how to play, would be really appreciated.
      Thanks
      BTW I went home after the third loss. Still made $8- for the weekend but seriously, cant be playing this bad anymore.
  • 4 replies
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      You seem to lack some basics.
      In the TPTK vs TRIPS HAND.
      YOU PLAY BIG POTS FOR BIG HANDS
      SMALL POTS FOR SMALL HANDS
      then why did you play a pot for all your chips with TPTK?
    • SirPaulius
      SirPaulius
      Bronze
    • Depor07
      Depor07
      Bronze
      Yeh thats the point, Im wondering how I can make such basic mistakes? Its not lack of knowledge, its more acting on a control impulse or something. Emotions seem to overide my play sometimes, Ive noticed it happen a few times lately. Getting triggered by
      1 - obnoscious people at the table
      2 - long runs of no cards (I need something to be bothering me already for this to have an effect)
      3 - Outside stress carried into the game
      4 - Sometimes a really wild table will effect me, if its a bad mannered wild table rather than a fun wild table
      So here are my musings on what can cause my bad play.
      I guess also working on the simple things and practising them cant hurt either.
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      If you're not in a positive state of mind then don't play. Your mindset is more important than anything imo, if you're coming at the table in a defeated or angry attitude then be sure you'll be defeated or angry when you leave it, same goes for the opposite. :)