This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - Flush vs Straight No.2!

• Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $1.84
      Hero:
      $1.96
      CO:
      $1.31

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:spade: , J:club:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.04, 2 folds, CO calls $0.04, 2 folds, BB calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.13) T:heart: , 9:diamond: , 8:diamond: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.11, CO calls $0.11, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.35) 9:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35.

River: ($1.05) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, CO raises to $0.81 (All-In), Hero calls $0.16.

Final Pot: $2.67

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Js Jc)
      CO shows a flush, ace high (Ad Jd)

CO wins with a flush, ace high (Ad Jd)
  • 2 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Make it more preflop, at least 3xBB.

I think you can bet turn for value and protection for sure as he may still have FD/SD/Tx he's going to call with, but he may check behind to get a free card.

As played with c/c turn it doesn't make much sense to bet river, because it's pretty hard for him to call with anything much worse, because FD completed, there's 4 cards straight out here, so he will fold a lot of his worse holdings here against a bet. I'd even doubt he will be worse here by himself, so I think c/f is fine against a shove as he doesn't seem like spewmachine.

Good luck!
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Thanks, very interesting comments. Looking back on the hand, I should have bet on the turn, that was too passive by me.

As for the river, I think I was too excited to see that I had hit a straight to note that the flush draw had also just come in. Pretty stupid!

Pre-flop I'm pretty sure it was a 2*BB bet as I'm doing Chris Ferguson's full tilt academy challenge on pre-flop play. I had to bet 2*BB from early position in order to tick the box!