FT Pros donking around in a $2 rebuy...

• jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      5573 entries for $2, Rush multi buy-in, rebuy, MTT.....

Scott Fischman - career earnings $2.1m

Finishes

Artie Cobb - career earnings $1.3m

Finishes

Christian Kruel - career earnings $1m +
      Bless - can only manage 2 tables at once

Finishes

Jass1960 - career earnings $3k

Finishes

Donks :s_biggrin:
  • 7 replies
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      You do realize they get payed/its in their contract whatever to play those tourneys right? =) It attracts more players into the tournaments ;D
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      course I do..... :D
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      yeah I gotta say, some of the red pros play terribly at times; and Ive also seen some of them crush hard.
    • Alexportland
      Alexportland
      Bronze
      From what of I have seen of the red pros they have to play a different game because everyone wants to play against them and they get called on EVERYTHING.

In the ring games it works quite well for them because they can just sit there waiting for the nuts then shove knowing that at least half the board with call hoping to bust a pro.

in tournaments it works against them since they can't ever bluff or steal blinds or anything because any move they make they get raised all-in.

I am a bit dubious of all these 'pros' anyway though - do the career winnings stat take into account career losses as well? if not I dare say that anyone who could manage to get sponsored into enough high cost tournaments is going to end up winning big chunks of money - the fact they have donked away 5x more cash on entry fees doesn't seem to matter....
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alexportland
      From what of I have seen of the red pros they have to play a different game because everyone wants to play against them and they get called on EVERYTHING.

In the ring games it works quite well for them because they can just sit there waiting for the nuts then shove knowing that at least half the board with call hoping to bust a pro.

in tournaments it works against them since they can't ever bluff or steal blinds or anything because any move they make they get raised all-in.

I am a bit dubious of all these 'pros' anyway though - do the career winnings stat take into account career losses as well? if not I dare say that anyone who could manage to get sponsored into enough high cost tournaments is going to end up winning big chunks of money - the fact they have donked away 5x more cash on entry fees doesn't seem to matter....
      agreed
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i seen victor ramdin < i think i spelled his name right> playing a 0.10c mtt on stars
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Originally posted by Alexportland

I think its all ok. They can't bluff or steal blinds, but if they know that they will get calls with all trash, then they don't need to wait for the nuts, they can bet with weaker hands for value.