[NL2-NL10] NL 50$ - AQs at blinds, deviating from SSS.

• AndreMG
      AndreMG
      Bronze
      Ok, I know AQ at blinds I should fold to any raise, and raise only with everyone else limped in.

Btw, is that strict? Sometimes I found myself in late position and some one minirase ( 2 BB ) and I have AQ, and I am folding that situations but I think it could be a profitable spot to reraise.

So I called this hand because there were other players in the pot, so I tought the odds and implied odds ( if I hit flop ) are nice.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

UTG ($42.50)
      UTG+1 ($63.90)
      MP1 ($20.45)
      MP2 ($35.75)
      MP3 ($73.80)
      CO ($49.95)
      Button ($48.90)
      SB ($86.05)
      Hero ($9.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with , .
      1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $1.75, 1 fold, MP2 calls $1.75, 1 fold, CO calls $1.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.25.

Flop: ($7.25) , , (4 players)
      Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $7.25, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero raises to $8 (All-In), UTG+1 calls $0.75.

So after the flop I decided to go all in this hand. I tought I could check to get the most money in before I went all in.

Sorry about my english, sometimes I feel it doesn´t sounds good what I am thinking.
  • 4 replies
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Just fold preflop. Your chance to hit 4 flush is 8.1:1, given your stack, and the bet to call, its a nono.
      This raise wasnt a min raise, and 2 other people thought they have a good enough hand to call + you are oop.
      Without the luck to flop this 4 flush, you are dead.

On the flop its allin.
    • Eyeshield77
      Eyeshield77
      Black
      Well, it's not minirase you have there, it's normal raise on 3.5BB.

You have to catch two pairs+ or FD+ to continue this hand and you don't have sufficient pot odds for this. You can't risk your whole stack if ace pops up, because you can lose or tie in kicker war with raiser.

But minirases are equal limps in advanced SSS and you can just normally reraise it (only if reraiser isn't really tight passive preflop) or call it on BB with a lot of limpers. Then you can also play your ace without likely losing kicker war.
    • AndreMG
      AndreMG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Eyeshield77
      Well, it's not minirase you have there, it's normal raise on 3.5BB.

You have to catch two pairs+ or FD+ to continue this hand and you don't have sufficient pot odds for this. You can't risk your whole stack if ace pops up, because you can lose or tie in kicker war with raiser.

But minirases are equal limps in advanced SSS and you can just normally reraise it (only if reraiser isn't really tight passive preflop) or call it on BB with a lot of limpers. Then you can also play your ace without likely losing kicker war.

Sorry about the mini-raise comment. I know the 1,75$ is a normal raise. I just put in this topic only because its related to AQ playing, but I think I got misundertood.

I got the point on folding preflop in this spot. It´s clear now.

But I still have some questions about AQ :

- When I hold AQ in MP/LP and there are a mini-raiser and some callers, how do I play it? Reraising according chart? or calling the mini-raise and playing the flop ?

- When I hold AQ in the blinds, the table folds, and CO or Button raises standart ( 3 - 4 BB ). Should I reraise ? Because it could be a steal, as I can be ahead of his range most of the times.

And what range its ok to do this reraise?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      But I still have some questions about AQ :

- When I hold AQ in MP/LP and there are a mini-raiser and some callers, how do I play it? Reraising according chart? or calling the mini-raise and playing the flop ?

- When I hold AQ in the blinds, the table folds, and CO or Button raises standart ( 3 - 4 BB ). Should I reraise ? Because it could be a steal, as I can be ahead of his range most of the times.

And what range its ok to do this reraise?
      - Depends on a minraiser... if he is a very tight player, then I would just let it go. However, if the initial raiser is more loosive and there are some callers in between, I would likely reraise or push pre-flop if there are 2+ callers. And ofcourse, if you saw the showdown you want to a make a note to figure out the logic of minraising.

- When you are restealing I suggest you push directly, insted of re-raising. Against unknown player I wouldn`t resteal with AQ. But, If player steals constatntly AQ is just good enough to push.

You can download Equilator to have an idea when you are likely to be ahead wirh AQ. In general, against midloose-agressive player its just ok to push.