Stack
      SB:
      $10
      BB:
      $10
      Hero:
      $10,77

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 5:diamond: , 5:club:
      MP1 folds, Hero calls $0,10, 3 folds, SB calls $0,05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,30) A:club: , K:heart: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0,2, SB folds, BB calls $0,20.

Turn: ($0,70) 6:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0,55, BB calls $0,55.

River: ($1,80) 5:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1,80

Flop: I think A would bet this flop, maybe even K, so my 55 could be good here.

Turn: I think I could represent flush here, so I decided to barrel once more.

River: I hit my set, but now even 1 :heart: hands got me beat, so I just check behind.

Even though I won this hand now I think wright way would be to check/fold any street.
  • 6 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I think that bet is ok on the flop, because BB is a rock and has any2, and the board isn't drawy. They look passive so I wouldn't expect them to bet with A though.

On the turn I think his range is Ax, Kx, flush unlikely. Kx probably folds, but Ax calls. And he may have K + :heart: , so he can call again. Probably check is better.

On that river he isn't probably calling with anything worse.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Oly0909,

Flop: Yes, you could try taking down the pot but since we didn't show any aggression postflop then I'd rather just Check/Fold it down. :) Would be much better if you just raised preflop and then showed such a strength on flop.

As played
      Turn: Rather give it up, it's likely him to have a hand here and also the made him more likely to Call with some crap hands, which may have some added equity now because of the FD.
      River: Yes, as you said Check behind is likely better, since not many worse will Call you here anyways.

Best regards.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Originally posted by veriz
      Would be much better if you just raised preflop and then showed such a strength on flop.
      My thought exactly, but then again, should I raise all pairs from this position... should I raise all pairs from all positions 1st in... what to do with a pair if there's a limper...?

Thousend questions on wich I still don't know the answer, so I just limp/call20 untill I get more experienced :f_p:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      Originally posted by veriz
      Would be much better if you just raised preflop and then showed such a strength on flop.
      My thought exactly, but then again, should I raise all pairs from this position... should I raise all pairs from all positions 1st in... what to do with a pair if there's a limper...?

Thousend questions on wich I still don't know the answer, so I just limp/call20 untill I get more experienced :f_p:
      If something helps for you then in higher limits it's actually -EV play, since they will adjust very easily to that, and I have even seen players limping and I always take the note on them when I see someone doing that. But on lower limits it's definitely doable but you could try raising them right from NL10 and what would also be my advice, you wouldn't lose that much money playing them on later limits and will get used to it. :) Just post the hands you play and we will discuss them, often it's much other view when you raise them and play them postflop.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Sounds like a challenge, and I'll gladly except it. So you mean like raising any pair from any position, or you fold some from some positions?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      Sounds like a challenge, and I'll gladly except it. So you mean like raising any pair from any position, or you fold some from some positions?
      At the beginning I would raise like 55+ from MP and maybe 66+ from UTG or even tighter, and later on if you feel comfortable, then wider up the PPs range. :)