[NL2-NL10] NL2 KQ in MP

• acceleration123
      I am still not sure how to play such hands. According to the starting hand chart it´s clear fold. But the hand just seems to strong to fold to me. Is it just my imagination or what ? I know, this might be more topic for a strategic discussion, but as I enclose a hand too, I am posting it here (sorry, if I should have posted it somewhere else). Where is the line between the ranges that determines which hands to play from MP and which not - eg. everyone folds to me, I am on MP1(2) having KQo, A9o, A9s ... Should I really just fold those in MP ?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) 9, 6, 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.13, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.18.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello acceleration123,

Of course you can play on specific tables against against specific opponents such hands if you feel them playing profitable. For example I usually Check the stats for every broadway and etc hands I look at them what I play profitable and what not, for example if I see that I don't ply that good with KQo from MP then I rather tighten it up. And also from there is comes such a chart that for the beginners it's better to have a tighter range to get used to the game and the basics and win money without having hard decisions postflop, since often times KQo might bring you into difficult situations. For example you get a lot limpers behind you and etc, that's also the reason why it ain't recommendable to raise from there, you don't want to play KQo in multiway pot, since you never know where you stand if you just hit your TP.

Best regards.