My short poker experiences

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Hi to all

Firstly i must say that i am very positive surprised with pokerstrategy and i just want to say thank you guys, you are doing a very good job.

Secondly, i just want to point out some issues from my short poker play, which you experienced players already know, but just to remind myself sometimes that i wont forget and for players who are just staring to play poker.

I have started to play poker in August 2007 when i first registered through some friend in Titan and deposited 100€, i started before of course playing with chips to get used to online poker, but that seems "not a poker" but "chip all in fest" :) .

I started to play limit 10 and i was doing good, i have read some books like Sklansky , Lee etc.. I moved then to NL full ring, as Limit was boring and then to NL10 full ring - 6Max and NL25 - 6max and i lost everything :( beacuse of:
      - i was moving up to fast also from Limit to NL full ring and to 6max without much experiences.
      - i didnt respect BRM!!VERY IMPORTANT FOR ALL NEW PLAYERS!
      - i was tilting (to less experience).
      - i was playing to loose VPiP>30% and raising to less PFR <10%
      - and many other things which i didnt know, until i dint find about pokerstrategy.....:)

Then i signed in November 2007 and start playing in FTP. Until then i had >20.000 hands on Titan but my BR gone..:(

I have read many articles here, watched videos (i still didnt post some hands, but i will...;) in the future:) .

As i was playing NL10 6max i started to play like this also on FTP with SSS (little adopted for opening more hands beacuse of SH tables) and after 5.000hands i was on equal:( so i said "damn" what is wrong, so i went once on 2$ SNGs and i won and and so one...2nd SNG i was 3rd...., i also played 3 times 5$SNGs and i was once second...I was doing surprisingly well at SNGs, less then 100 SNGs and my bankrool grow to 100$ and i said...nice....i will play only SNGs, but then came one week i was doing bad and came back to 85$. I have read many threads here and i agree that even you can do very good on SNGs on long term your ROI will be not more then 20 - 30%, so i said OK and as SNGs are boring to me....lets go like strategy sais: Full Ring NL, obey SSS opening chart, have discipline, take notes on oponents, reduce tilting, watch videos (thanks undercover82, you have very nice videos for beginners) etc...and...:) good, i am doing well again and after 3 weeks playing like this my BR grow to 116$...I am playing MTT 4 tables, as i know i can, i am not tilting so much :) , i have better felling about opponents, about play in general, even that notes are still not helping, as players in FTP are changing so much but i think i am doing well, i will be gold i think in the next week already:) ..

My plan for the future is to FIRST BUILT MY BRM! grow to limit NL50 with SSS and then switch to BSS and after that switch to SH tables....I think it is a good plan?..i will read-reread all articles possible and watch all videos as possible as players will post, try to post some interesting hand and i will play SNGs only occasionaly.

In the end i just want to say apart of every failures you will made at poker carrier "stick to BRM" and everything will be fine.

Have fun playing poker and good luck at tables

Drach
  • 10 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      sounds great; make sure you actually DO stick to BRM though! :P
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi drachdudek,

The important thing is that you've realized your mistakes. And now it's nice to hear you're going up again ;)

Try to post some hands in our sample forum and let our judge team analyze them. I'm sure that'll improve your play much.

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi drachdudek!

Sounds like a plan! :) Make sure that you don't switch too much because you get bored. Stick to one strategy and master it. If you have mastered the SSS, switch to BSS fullring and master it. After that you should have enough experience to switch to shorthanded play.

Oh and post your hands! :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puschkin81
      Hi drachdudek!

Sounds like a plan! :) Stick to one strategy and master it. If you have mastered the SSS, switch to BSS fullring and master it. After that you should have enough experience to switch to shorthanded play.

Oh and post your hands! :D

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
      Hi Puschkin.

Thanks, exactly that is my plan!;) I ll post some hands, no problem. BTW, you are giving license key for Poker Tracker when reaching 2000pts., is it possible to get it before that;) ..., maybe you could change that and give license key to members who reach gold status and 1000points...that is just my kind proposal :)

BR

Drach
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      That won't happen. ;) But I assure you that you don't need PokerTracker and PokerAce on the lowest limits. The players are so bad that you should beat them easily. Try to practise your reading skills and if you have collected 2000 StrategyPoints you will have reached a higher limit where stats of other players might be interesting.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      But I assure you that you don't need PokerTracker and PokerAce on the lowest limits.

I only miss it when I play Nl50 or mtt's with a buy in that is higher then 15$-> 25$-100%mtt's. Even for 11$ s&g's these programs aren't useful. But I need it now, so need to get 200 pts. before the end of this week, and i am ready to move up!
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi drachdudek,

hope you're are the beginning of a very nice poker carreer. Like mentioned before you really don't need pokertracker and pahud in the beginning, it's mostly fun but when you arrive at nl50, you will be glad you have it :D

Good luck!!
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Thanks to you all for nice wishes. BTW - I have one problem. I want to use Texas Grabem to get some hand from history for comment, but i can not find history folder for getting hands? In which folder i can find history hands? Thanks for help. P.S. I play on FTP

Drach
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi drachdudek!

Unfortunately Texas Grab'em doesn't work with Full Tilt.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi drachdudek,

Texas Grab'em doesn't work with Full Tilt. You can find other hanconverter programs for Full Tilt here

Don't forget to enable the save hand history funtion on Full Tilt sofware: Options > Hand History...

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird-