[NL20-NL50] [sh] nl 50 TT pre vs half stack

• DeMarcohsp
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

Button ($47.90)
      SB ($57.90)
      BB ($55)
      UTG ($26)
      Hero (MP) ($53.85)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 10, 10
      UTG bets $2, Hero ???

Total pot: $1.25 | Rake: $0

Villain is 18/18 only 18 hands so pretty much unknown.

I dont really know what to do as I dont have any kind of read on his ranges.

If I 3bet I dont know if I can 3bet/fold against a half stack but anyway I pretty much get it in as a flip or crushed.

I cant call as there are 4 more people to act after me and I dont want to be squeezed ( even though call/4bet might be a possibility :diamond:)

A fold is prolly too weak

Only reasonable option looks the 3bet/shove as I can expect to make profit with the times I take the pot down pre :s_confused:
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      Who are the players behind?

In these type of spots it's crucial to look at how they could be playing. We should not assume that they squeeze light or call light until we look over the information available.

For example, I see that the button does not have a full stack. That tells me that there's a big chance he is a weaker opponent which means I'd like to keep him in the pot so calling is my number one option.

I don't like to just gamble preflop with 50 BBs here and thus 3bet/shove is not my ideal play.
    • Kaitz20
      he would b/c pf worse hands and might easily get all-in 99/88. If your image is aggressive then raise pf for value and call shove
      You can ofcourse call and play postlfop but with initiative TT plays much better than just calling pf