This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SB v BB KJo

• valancius
      valancius
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $4.02
      BB (Hero):
      $3.96
      UTG1:
      $4.16
      UTG2:
      $3.94
      MP1:
      $1.56
      MP2:
      $4.74
      MP3:
      $8.10
      CO:
      $4.10
      BU:
      $4.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, K.
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.32) T, J, J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.31, Hero raises to $0.92, SB calls $0.61.

Turn: ($2.16) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.37, SB raises to $2.94, Hero calls $1.51.

River: ($7.98) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.98.

Results follow:

SB shows a straight, king high(Qs Kc).
      Hero shows three of a kind, jacks(Jc Ks).

SB wins with a straight, king high(Qs Kc).

HEM info:
      SB VP$IP:21/PFR:11/AF:1/SB steal 75%/731 hands

I called with this hand only because his total and SB steal was very high so i thought that i'm ahead of his range + i had position.

Flop: he made this pot size cbet with draw+two overs, so he is signaling big hand, i raise 3x times and now i see that still i gave him 28% pot odds and he had 26% equity + implied odds because most of the time i go broke on turn or river if i have hand i'm representing. My question: does he made mistake calling flop raise or not? How should i play in this spot and make him to make mistake, should i go all in on flop or make bigger raise? I'm little bit confused.

Turn: 9 card now completes straight and full house with T9, so should i call/check behind or raise/broke, bet/call all in?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello valancius,

does he made mistake calling flop raise or not?

Yes, he did. :) His odds ain't that great for OESD.

How should i play in this spot and make him to make mistake, should i go all in on flop or make bigger raise?

Nah, raising there is totally fine as you did. Going directly all-in will just shove your hand is very strong and he might fold a lot worse.

9 card now completes straight and full house with T9, so should i call/check behind or raise/broke, bet/call all in?

T9, ain't a FD. But yes, we can't really Check/Fold here or anything, I'd also Bet/Call there, he may as well play there with some overpairs this way.

Best regards.