Fortuna is a bitch.

• 16 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Oh man those 1 buy in downswings surely are hard to deal with. You know once I had a dog, but then I lost a buy in, and well.. the dog had to die.
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      You know those one liners are really something new. I made one of those a while back and I mean it totally tilted the OP. ZOMG!

You know what i mean :) I hate totally owning a guy then he wins it ll back in one hand and leaves. Now I'm not implying that loosing a BI is worth making a thread for. The thread is just as much for bragging about my NonSD-winnings :)

Trololoolllloooool
    • vegas2
      vegas2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Oh man those 1 buy in downswings surely are hard to deal with. You know once I had a dog, but then I lost a buy in, and well.. the dog had to die.

• jorgebaka
      jorgebaka
      Bronze
      -
      -
      -
      SIIIIIIIIIIIICKKKK

Amaizing downswing!, I could not deal a downsing like that... and in a ton of hands!!!
      -
      -
      -
    • apehce
      apehce
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RainbowPonny
      And the session ends with him making a tilt push(because of me 3-betting him to death earlier) and i herocall with A5o and he shows Q3s.
      FML
      You just continue herocalling, I'm sure you will get really rich really quick :]
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Gold
      So i shouldnt call with a decent hand when opponent is tilted as fuck?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Never mind the narrow minded numbskullery of some people around here OP. Don't worry about individual hands/sessions as long as you play correctly in the long term you shall reap the rewards in the long run.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Never mind the narrow minded numbskullery of some people around here OP. Don't worry about individual hands/sessions as long as you play correctly in the long term you shall reap the rewards in the long run.
      +1
    • Kahuna26
      Kahuna26
      Bronze
      Hi everyone! When I took first look at situation described, my first idea was what a terrible play from both sides, because it looked like play in late stage tournament with short stack, of course i mean choosing hand to play hole stack in prefloop but not betting patterns. I don't want to say Q3s is good enough card to play, but pushing on this type of hand is better than calling A5o. there is some reasons why: 1. he demonstrating much strength with playing this manner, u shouldn't forget that even maniacs get good starting hands and if so u make call like big underdog. 2. If he play some trash hand like in this case, A5o isn't dream hand which so difficult let go because u not so much favor against opponent if he make such stupid bluff, in this case A5 60% against Q3s 40%. 3 And the last idea which is not new but keep in mind that when some body pushes all in he have additionally folding equity, but would be fair to say that folding equity have much more value in tournaments, in cash game less because u have plenty of time to wait better spot to push your money. In this situation you put all your 10$ money into the pot to win additional 90 cents, sorry but it isn't even about luck just bad play
    • noclaninator
      noclaninator
      Bronze
      I much prefer a flat call with A5o. If you are 3betting him to death and think he might tilt, why 3bet with A5o? Keep in mind that A5o is only 57% against an any2 range. Call and play position. Float many flops. It probably would work in this situation. Why 3bet when someone is prone to bluff 4bet. Now you still have no information about his hand, you have given up your positional advantage, and are putting 100bb into a pot with a hand that doesn't have much of an edge anyway.

My 2 cents.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      If you dump your whole stack with A5o, because "omg he iz a maniacz", and then whine about "bad beat" in a 60-40 situation, you deserve being kicked in the face. Many times.
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      nah, fortuna can be in both sides, not only villan :) Don't you love momments when in cash games you flop ace high flush, bet half of pot and villan shoves full stack with A2off on zero board? :)
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      was the dogs name Lucky :D
    • bazerk
      bazerk
      Bronze
      [quote]Originally posted by Kahuna26
      Hi everyone! When I took first look at situation described, my first idea was what a terrible play from both sides, because it looked like play in late stage tournament with short stack........

Look again and you'll see its a cash game
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Oh I'm terribly sorry I forgot to say very important thing in my last post:

I own a horse.
    • locotyson
      locotyson
      Bronze
      I dont think you really need a confirmation but... Yes it is