Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $6,98
      Hero:
      $10,12

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      MP2 calls $0,10, Hero raises to $0,45, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0,35.

Flop: ($1,05) A:spade: , A:club: , T:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,5, Hero calls $0,50.

Turn: ($2,05) 6:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,95, Hero raises to $2,00, MP2 calls $1,05.

River: ($6,05) 7:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 raises $4,03 (All-In), Hero calls $4,03.

Final Pot: $14,11

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP2 shows a full-house, sixes full of aces (6h 6d)
      Hero shows (Ad Kh)

MP2 wins with a full-house, sixes full of aces (6h 6d)

Just raise it flop since the villian will fold to a turn bet if he has air? If he has the hand on flop (Ax and Tx) he won't fold it to a raise?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ragney,

Actually I like the way you played against that guy, just a cooler. But I'd likely raise a bit bigger on turn, ~$3.

Best regards.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Actually I like the way you played against that guy, just a cooler. But I'd likely raise a bit bigger on turn, ~$3.

Best regards.
      I'm wondering why a raise on the flop is bad. If he has a hand he will call it on the flop. If he doesn't he will fold.

If I just call down the flop, he will fold to a turn bet if he doesn't have a hand.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I'd say calling flop is better just because it's pretty dry and if he's going to 2nd barrel (and he may do that pretty often given his AF) we allow him to do that - so he can bet his air/bluff hands, but ofc we want to get his stack so we have to raise at some point.

Good luck!
    • valancius
      valancius
      Bronze
      I think that calling on flop keeps his bluffs and maybe Tx hands, because your opponent is aggressive and loose, calling you let him to bluff one more time, so you have chance to gain one more bet which you would not, if you had raised on flop. If he has ace your both money will go in or river without flop raise anyway, even with your small raise on turn pot became 6$ and he had left ~4$ on river so most of the time he is going all in, although bigger raise on turn would be better.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by ragney
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello ragney,

Best regards.
      I'm wondering why a raise on the flop is bad. If he has a hand he will call it on the flop. If he doesn't he will fold.

If I just call down the flop, he will fold to a turn bet if he doesn't have a hand.
      You already answered you own question it's the reason because the board is so dry, and there aren't that many hands which would continue. Why to make him directly to fold while he could hit on turn lets say a good pair or something similar, which he might pay us off. Also we keep this way bluffs in the pot.

And as you said he will fold on turn if you bet then that's standard, he wouldn't Call the flop either, he would folding on flop to the raise the same way as he folds on turn. But with Calling we give him the chance to hit at least some pair or something similar and maybe even considers to go broke. Such situations where he hits his set and has a FH, ain't that often, more often you will get paid of by some worse hands.