This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] semi-bluff

• musabasjoo
      musabasjoo
      Bronze
      Villain is playing 23/12/4.5 with WTSD of 15 over small sample (120 hands)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $9.82
      MP2:
      $5.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $8.15
      CO:
      $12.19
      BU:
      $5.22
      SB:
      $5.09

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, Q.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO folds, BU calls $0.15, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.37) 2, 8, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.77) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BU calls $0.40.

River: ($1.57) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $1.57.
      Results follow:

BU shows a pair of sixs(6 6).
      Hero shows high card ace(A Q).

BU wins with a pair of sixs(6 6).

I think my turn bet shows a profit in the long run as i put him on a middle pair/flush draw on the flop (i think with his aggression he could raise the FD here aswell though) so i bet the Turn smallish to find an easy muck if raised. I pick up my redraw plus give myselfouts with any A or Q on the river if he just has the pair. Plus i think i get decent FE with the face card hitting. But thats just my opinion - thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • valancius
      valancius
      Bronze
      I think your bet sizing is weak, bet strong (2/3-3/4 pot) or don't bet at all and just check/fold your hand to missed board with multi draws, although if your opponent has high cbet fold % i would still try to cbet this board.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello musabasjoo,

If he is somehow reasonable sometimes I even take a 3rd barrel here to make fold hands like smaller PPs and maybe even a pair of 8. But for that we need to know more that the opponent is capable of folding such hands. In this situation I think should be able. But as played the 2nd barrel is totally fine, as you mentioned for the given reason already, we get a lot extra equity with that card.

Best regards.