[NL2-NL10] semi-bluff

• musabasjoo
      Villain is playing 23/12/4.5 with WTSD of 15 over small sample (120 hands)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, Q.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO folds, BU calls $0.15, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.37) 2, 8, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, BU calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.77) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BU calls $0.40.

River: ($1.57) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $1.57.
      Results follow:

BU shows a pair of sixs(6 6).
      Hero shows high card ace(A Q).

BU wins with a pair of sixs(6 6).

I think my turn bet shows a profit in the long run as i put him on a middle pair/flush draw on the flop (i think with his aggression he could raise the FD here aswell though) so i bet the Turn smallish to find an easy muck if raised. I pick up my redraw plus give myselfouts with any A or Q on the river if he just has the pair. Plus i think i get decent FE with the face card hitting. But thats just my opinion - thoughts?
  • 2 replies
    • valancius
      I think your bet sizing is weak, bet strong (2/3-3/4 pot) or don't bet at all and just check/fold your hand to missed board with multi draws, although if your opponent has high cbet fold % i would still try to cbet this board.
    • veriz
      Hello musabasjoo,

If he is somehow reasonable sometimes I even take a 3rd barrel here to make fold hands like smaller PPs and maybe even a pair of 8. But for that we need to know more that the opponent is capable of folding such hands. In this situation I think should be able. But as played the 2nd barrel is totally fine, as you mentioned for the given reason already, we get a lot extra equity with that card.

Best regards.