Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP1:
      $11,03
      Hero:
      $10

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7:diamond: , 7:club:
      MP1 raises to $0,30, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,30, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0,75) K:spade: , Q:heart: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0,75) A:club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0,75) 9:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $0,75

Should I bet somewhere in this hand?
  • 3 replies
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Since the opponent checks the flop I'd bet because it usually means weakness. I'd expect either some Qx type hand like AQ or something like JJ/TT.
      Either way we're very happy to get him to fold those, even 2 overs have a considerable amount of equity vs our hand since most overcards have some kind of gutshot to go.

If he check-calls the flop my plan is to bet any turn, I'd make it big on both streets (3/4-4/5 pot).
      If he check-calls the 2nd time I'd usually give up unless for example the flush gets there in which case I might bet big again since I expect him to be scared of it.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Here is the thing...
      AQ/JJ/TT was exactly what I thought he has, and all of these hands could easily call flop to reevaluate on turn. So if I decide to bet the flop, I'll probably have to bet turn as well, and I don't have enough experience to know what are the good cards and what are the bed cards for 2nd barreling. So I think, in the long run, it is +EV play for you, but -EV play for me, at least for now. You don't think so?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Oly0909
      Here is the thing...
      AQ/JJ/TT was exactly what I thought he has, and all of these hands could easily call flop to reevaluate on turn. So if I decide to bet the flop, I'll probably have to bet turn as well, and I don't have enough experience to know what are the good cards and what are the bed cards for 2nd barreling. So I think, in the long run, it is +EV play for you, but -EV play for me, at least for now. You don't think so?
      By Checking you don't lose any value. :) And I'd just say that the point of Betting the flop is for the given reason that usually when people tend to just being PFA and Checking such flops that shows a lot of weakness and the are even giving up the pot, for example you could check his CBet % and if it's kinda low then it's an easy bet and often times he will fold right on the flop. Otherwise, no you don't have to 2nd barrel there, unless you have some good reason to do so. Just take pot control and even sometimes you are ahead against A high on flop. :) But definitely such a card as Ace is pretty good card for 2nd barrel but I wouldn't take it against such an opponent who is going to showdown that often. So therefore just Checking behind on turn should be doable.