Feedback thread: Tricky Spots (1)

• 8 replies
    • Proky11
      Proky11
      Bronze
      Results
      You scored 19 out of 19 points possible.
      This corresponds to 100 % !
      16 - 19 Points:
      Great job! You've got the skills to crush lowstakes SNGs.

NICE! :f_biggrin:
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I think silver members should also be able to take this quiz..

anyways I only got 17 points =( I wanted to make a flat call in the TT hand on the J high board.. :f_mad:
    • Schrader69
      Schrader69
      Silver
      Im bronze an was aloud to take it.

19/19

Hlynkin u station, lol
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      Nice quiz. I got 19/19, but I had to think about a few of those. I'm not sure I could have gotten them all correct under the pressure of 12-tabling.

On question 5, checking the turn is reasonable. Having no showdown value unimproved means that we have an information advantage on the river, and we give that up by shoving.

On question 6, TT on the J:diamond: 8:spade: 3:spade: flop, I think it is important that the donk bet is pot-sized. An undersized donk bet is much more likely to be less than top pair, and therefore worse than TT. Also, it helps that the read is that the player is fishy, which often means loose and passive. When a passive player bets, it usually means a hand.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      I disagree, pot sized donk bets on flops like these are most of the time draws and pocket pairs worse than our tens.. Some players might do this with AJo and use "protecting against draws" as an excuse.. But I think based on my observations at these stakes that it's most of the time draws and worse pockets here...

And I looked more into the spot afterwards and I agree folding is best.. I kinda took a fishy player as an agressive one.. not as a loose/passive player.. and I think fishes at this level are never 2nd barrelling with worse than our tens here so calling doesn't make much sense... and stack sizes are also not ideal for a call here...

I still think shoving is worse than calling cuz that way we are isolating ourselfs against better hands and the same draws as we are getting all in against anyways if we flat call...
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn

anyways I only got 17 points =( I wanted to make a flat call in the TT hand on the J high board.. :f_mad:
      I shoved that one. There's a decent chance he'll call the shove with his draws so I don't think we isolate against better hands.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LgWz
      Originally posted by Hlynkinn

I shoved that one. There's a decent chance he'll call the shove with his draws so I don't think we isolate against better hands.
      He's also going broke with his draws and a wider range if we flat call imo.. maybe we're a bit to deep stacked but I don't think so.. Don't see a reason to defend against a draw that is going all in no matter what :)
      Only thing we change when we shove is imo we take 44-66, 99 and bluffs out of his go broke range...
      Much rather flat call and let him 2nd barrell his whole range..
      But stack sizes might be a little bit bad for this.. not too sure..

folding looks best tho
    • LgWz
      LgWz
      Black
      Yeah after reading the quiz reasoning I like folding more.