Attention, Rush Poker!

• antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Hi, can I get academy points from rush poker? On average how many ftp points will 1000 hands generate? Are there still many fishes on rush NL10 FR? Is mid-stacking still a good idea in rush? Can I play more than one table of Rush?

Thank You for your response
  • 24 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      not sure about academy points/avg ftp points per 1k hands.
      but there are definitely still fishes on NL 10 FR. and multitabling
      rush/normal ring games just depends you. find out how many
      tables you can play while still remaining focused and alert
      to what is happening with you and your opponents.
      gl :D
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      You can't get all the academy points from playing rush and you can play 4 tables of rush for any given limit. i.e. 4 tables FR nl10, 4 tables FR nl25.

And it's NL10 I'm quite sure there are fish
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Lets say the amount of fishes in NL10 is X. If the author of this topic is usually playing in lower limit than NL10, and goes to NL10 just to complete FTPA challenges, the amount of fishes in NL10 Rush is gonna be X+1.
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answers guys
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Do you guys know if any sites (ptr, poker edge) track rush poker?
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      Originally posted by antstruk
      Do you guys know if any sites (ptr, poker edge) track rush poker?
      none do, since it can't be observed.
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Q: Hi, can I get academy points from rush poker?
      A: Yes, as long as you're playing a Academy Challenge that has Rush involved, there are a few, but i'd really wouldn't take that into consideration tbh.

Q: On average how many ftp points will 1000 hands generate?
      A: This answer is so volatile that there are no good answers for it.

Q: Are there still many fishes on rush NL10 FR?
      A: Have to quote @Bliausmas on this one, sorry.

Q: Is mid-stacking still a good idea in rush?
      A: NO, u're gonna get yourself in so many tough spots that u can't fold because of your stack, so join 100bb deep, and get used to play over 200bb deep tbh, there are some articles on it, you should read them

Q: Can I play more than one table of Rush?
      A: Up to 4, but start with one, and increase them one-by-one until you're sure you aren't on auto-pilot, you're going to lose too much money on non-showdown winnings if you start auto-piloting on 4 tables of rush, that you're gonna see yourself close to breakeven after 100k hands for sure.

Hope i helped.
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Thank you very much sir, where can I find these rush poker articles
    • nathanrenard
      nathanrenard
      Bronze
      Not so much for Rush Poker articles, but there are some overviews posted, however take a look at this article as it comes to be very important because you'll find yourself with +200bb most of the time.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/1588/1
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Why do you want to midstack? It's never a good idea IMHO, no matter if it's Rush or regular cash. Are you afraid of losing your whole stack or what? If yes, that's a bad attitude. You must go there with a goal to win as much as possible, and obviously midstacking is not a good way to do that.
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I've never mid stacked but they can be very difficult to play against because of their stack sizes.
    • ilrasso
      ilrasso
      Bronze
      There is one academy challenge - i think starting hand selection or something - the one where the final challenge is 5x100 hands without open limping. At nl4 full ring - 4 tables - its possible to clear that challenge relatively fast. I did all 10 completions in 2 days. Gave me 4000 academy points - almost 6 3$ step 1 tickets, and something like 15$ rakeback. 12 perhaps...

Apart from this challenge i didnt find any that seemed really well suited for rush.

There are still fish :s_mad:

Its possible to 4 table, but 3 or less might be better for most players.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Well "Rush poker" challenge by Andy Bloch is very good for Rush obviously. But I find Steve Zolotow's "Speculative hands" even more comfortable. I'm doing it now for the 5th time in maybe 2 or 3 days, and the main problem for me here is to notice when the challenge is fully completed and restart it - it really fits to my game so well :)
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Alright thanks yea I started speculative hands as well really easy, so is there any skype groups only for rush because since I've just started this format I have some questions. And you guys are correct I tries to mss didn't work BSS here I come!
    • ST3F0
      ST3F0
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Well "Rush poker" challenge by Andy Bloch is very good for Rush obviously. But I find Steve Zolotow's "Speculative hands" even more comfortable. I'm doing it now for the 5th time in maybe 2 or 3 days, and the main problem for me here is to notice when the challenge is fully completed and restart it - it really fits to my game so well :)
      Challenge Speculative Hands Steve Zolotow
      NOTE: The following games cannot be used to complete challenges: Rush Poker, Multi-Entry Tournaments, and On-Demand Tournaments.

?(
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      Alright thanks yea I started speculative hands as well really easy, so is there any skype groups only for rush because since I've just started this format I have some questions. And you guys are correct I tries to mss didn't work BSS here I come!
      antrusk, added you in the community. PM me your Skype.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      LOL, double post, sry
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Thank you pm'd
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ST3F0
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Challenge Speculative Hands Steve Zolotow
      NOTE: The following games cannot be used to complete challenges: Rush Poker, Multi-Entry Tournaments, and On-Demand Tournaments.

?(
      Strange.. But I'm not lying also.