A Letter Sent to Big Slick Events

• RGOD2
      To whom it Concerns .

I attended a Poker in the pub competition in 2010 in the Burlington Hotel.
      There was a Field of Over 808 players for the main Event .
      I survived till the third Day and finished in 30th position Knocked Out with Pocket Queens Versus Pocket AA's to receive a Grand total of 100 euro and a Voucher for my Struggles . Now considering the 60 euro I paid for entry through satellites and Registration Fees what is my motivation to return to any of these Events ?
      Can I really look at the 40 euro surplus as a Profit ? I think not
      Not to mention the money spent on accommodation , Petrol , food and Drink Expenses which where atrocious.

I Mean would you pay 8 euro for Deep Fat fried chips and Sausages?( displayed in stainless steel baskets with Fancy Napkins)? I supposed it would Depend how hungry you Where . So I decided I would get something more Substantial, a Seafood Chowder thinking that the Port of Dublin might be able to purchase some fresh fish, Even if it had been delivered from Donegal. And how did that turn out!!!! Like a broth lacking key ingredients . Why not just give me a Cup of hot water with a Fish stock Cube . The whole meal brown bread saved this joke of a Service .

As for the Event itself the Organisation and sheer mass of tables taking from all over Ireland was impressive.
      With the Side Events and Cash Games being the Main Attraction to the Punters.
      Now to tell me that this whole Event was Organised with the main Intention of Filling Bars ,Boosting Hotel Revenues and adding to the Overall investment of the Dublin Area would be A Lie .Not to mention Rakes and all the Temporary employment this Generates . So Far play on that Side

Where the Odds differ though is the Lack of Replies I get from Requesting Information of How to use such a Ticket.
      Because As far as I am Concerned this is just another Slip of Paper deemed USELESS without the relevant info.
      So If you can get back to me on these matters I would Appreciate it . Thats is of Course Neill is not to BUSY.

• 7 replies