Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $3.96
      Hero:
      $5.25

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.96 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 4 folds, BB calls $0.12.

Flop: ($0.34) K:club: , 5:spade: , 5:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.58) 3:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.58) K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.32, BB calls $0.32.

Final Pot: $1.22

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two-pair, kings and queens (Qh Qc)
      BB shows (Ac Ts)

Hero wins with two-pair, kings and queens (Qh Qc)

Bet turn here or ok to check behind? Anything else I should have done differently?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jeffers16,

Nah, checking the turn behind is rather fine, we take pot control and also might even induce him to bet with worse or even sometimes Call, as what happened. :)

Best regards.
    • valancius
      valancius
      Bronze
      Why only call on flop this small bet? In this type situations i look at my opponents stats and check donk bets, if it's high i raise. Also in one of PokerStrategy articles i had read that from loose players donk bets most of th time means medium weak hand or flush draw. With raise i know where i'm at; i don't let opponent to take initiative; i gain from his mistake if he call with draw hand and i play aggressive poker (i think aggressive poker was the point in articles of BSS). Even in best case if he had bluff, after calling flop i gain no information about where i stand which may lead to bigger mistakes when bets may become bigger and i loose my money when he is on flush draw because i let him to see cheap turn.
      If he calls my raise then i know that he has some kind of hand, if he donks on turn again i fold, but most of the time they just check, so another plus from raise that sometimes i can see two cards.
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

I'd say just calling is better because he can't really call our raise with much worse and we're pretty much turning our hand into a bluff that way. If we raise and he shoves - it's pretty clear that our raise was a bluff, because I think we can't call a shove on this board. Do you disagree?
      So overall by calling we just keep his worse hands in and we have position over him, so we have power here to see his action and react accordingly.

Good luck!