Hero bets $5.50, BB raises to $12.25, Hero calls $6.75

River: K ($32.50, 2 players)
      Hero bets $12.50, BB goes all-in $48.31, Hero calls $35.81

Final Pot: $129.12
  • 4 replies
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      Hm , i would check call the River cause he showed aggression on the Turn .

he could have a straight at that point/ 3 of a kind and i would want a wider range of hands there to bet when i check. Unless i have a note that says he will check back with hands that have showdown value on the river.

he could also be floating with air and if thats the case , by betting on the river , i would force him to give up his bluff or make a very huge bet to *bluff me out*

he seems unlikely to have AQ/KQ type of hands cos with that he probably might resteal preflop given his a solid reg.

By checking the R , i would also pot control against QT , while very unlikely makes sense as it he would defend PF to see a cheap flop , given the huge SPR ( around 64/4 = 16) and he has position over you.

On the F , he flopped gin and with little chance of being out drawn , he would just flop your cbet IP.
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Interesting hand!

I like how you played it, I would play it similar, maybe only a bit bigger river bet.

Once villain raises river we will often be behind, our underfull is beating only 88 underfull and maybe some crazy bluff (respect to the guy if this is a bluff :f_cool: ). Villain would not raise river with trips or straight, only fullhouses are raising there I think. But still I think I would not fold my underfull here.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well if he has you beat here he has either QT or KQ, which there are very few combos left on the river. And he might well valueraise Aj, AQ, j9, 88 after you underbet the river since it seems like your betting small for cheap showdown or something as well as you might of induce a bluff.

So unless the villain is a nit that never raises the river with out the nuts you have a fairly easy call there.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      likely only hand that beats you is KQ, so you have to b/c river, since he can shove there worse hands
      If he has Qx he would very likely bet out himself, as also he may bet out his bluffs, so instead of b/c river I like c/rai to get maximum value from his bluffs and for example if he has there QJ he may just call your river lead and you don´t stack him