Party-Poker Check

• jorgebaka
      jorgebaka
      Bronze
      -
      -
      -

I requested a $500 check in Party Poker.... but they said the check is from an european bank.

I dont know the exact word in english (Im from Mexico)... can I ***STRANGE-WORD-HERE*** (I give the check to the bank for money) an european check in a U.S bank??

Thanks for your help =) , hope you understood :P

-
      -
      -
  • 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi jorgebaka,

I don't know about cashing a European cheque in a U.S. bank.

I have occasionally cashed a U.S. cheque in my U.K. bank though. There was no real problem other than they charged quite a large fee to do so. So it might be worth speaking to your bank directly first to see if it's possible and at what cost.

It might also be worth exploring other withdrawal possibilities, e.g. Moneybookers, Neteller if you're transferring the money to another poker provider.

Good luck & best regards,

Bart
    • Kireto
      Kireto
      Bronze
      Just send them an email in Spanish (as you say that your english is not on a top level) and they might help you.
    • jorgebaka
      jorgebaka
      Bronze
      Ok Thx.
      How much is a large fee for you?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jorgebaka
      Ok Thx.
      How much is a large fee for you?
      That would probably depend on the bank, give your local one a call to find out current charges.

I was recently quoted a fee of $15 to cash a $5 dividend cheque from one of the companies I hold shares in (They moved from London Stock Exchange to NY), safe to say I didn't bother but have now set up an automatic re-investment of dividend payments and will probably sell the shares soon to avoid the hassle in future :D

Bart