How to play strong flopped flushes (NL30 SH)?

• fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Ok, lets say I raise preflop with Ax of spades and board comes with three spades. I'm facing one or several aggressive opponents. How do I get max value here?

When I'm not the last one to act I ofen make a small bet (1/4 to 1/2) to give my opponents an impression I'm either probing or trying to see next card cheaply with my draw (block-bet). I don't think anybody puts me on a made flush so I'd expect a thinking aggressive player to make a big raise - either to protect his made hand or with air. My small bet is screaming: "I either have a marginal hand or a draw, so I'll have to fold to your big scary raise."

However, I've tried it many times and they almost always fold! I don't get it. What am I missing here? It's not like I have to balance here, because it's not like I flop flushes every second hand and I'm usually facing different opponents.

Any thoughts?
  • 4 replies
    • m3ta
      m3ta
      Bronze
      I would cbet pretty big 75-95% pot against most ppl.
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well if they are aggressive they will almost always C-bet monotone boards. The problem when flopping the nut flush is that they can't have any good draws. Best they can have is K high flush draw and if the pot is multiway they can't really continue with since it will often be the #2 best hand when they do hit.

Its generally hard to get paid when your OOP, but if they are over aggro its definitely best to check call them down hoping they do something spewy when they're checked to. You can also think about C/R so you make sure you stack them when they actually have strong hands like sets or flushes since another spade is going to kill your action for sure.
    • m3ta
      m3ta
      Bronze
      Ok, lets say I raise preflop with Ax of spades and board comes with three spades.

I tought OP is PFA.
    • Bierbaer
      Bierbaer
      Bronze
      Generally I'd also go for a big bet. If you'd be scared to put money into the pot with your hand you'd probably just check instead of betting small.
      The problem also is, that once an opponent raises and you call it will scream "flush" to them - you don't win any more money whereas by just betting big you can still show up with TPs or overpairs so you can get several streets of value.