[NL2-NL10] NL2 - Fold on the Turn...

• Philfox1985
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with 6:spade: , 6:diamond:
      UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 5 folds, SB calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) K:heart: , T:spade: , 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.09, SB calls $0.09.

Turn: ($0.32) J:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.5, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.32

Nothing too special about this hand, I was set mining / hoping for a little fold equity with my low pocket pairs.

On the flop despite seeing two over-cards I felt a continuation bet was appropriate. Villan could have missed the flop and its a dry board.

Turn Villan makes an over-sized bet of around 1.5*the pot size. It seems a little like a bluff due to its size, but I decide that I can't carry on with pocket pairs on this board.
  • 1 reply
    • Duudalinja

I think it's fine.
      Board is ok for cbet and we don't have much information about villain this far to make assumptions he will never fold there. If we had bigger sample and there's just no chance he folds anything, his WTS stays this high and overall he's just a calling station - checking back flop and giving up may be better idea just because he won't fold any pocket pair, any A high and stuff like that - but against calling stations even multiple barrels may not work effective enough, so we're just won't be able to get him off anything. But that's just a case of what-if, anyways it's fine as it is.

Good luck!