What's on your monitor?

• jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I have the urge to stick lots of yellow post it notes on my monitor to motivate me and remind me not to make those spewy calls. My problem is that I'm not sure what to write on them. Will having 'ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO CALL THIS GUY?' and 'YOU ARE A POKER GOD!' stuck to the edge of my monitor help my green line? What do you have stuck to your monitor? Would I be better off being less of a saddo and just playing with a naked monitor?

PS: I know this thread is a bit of an open goal for trolls, so remember, I have a delicate constitution and no sense of humour, so let's keep it serious chaps!
  • 13 replies
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      "IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE BEAT; CHANCES ARE YOU PROBABLY ARE."

personally I have nowt posted on my monitor. lots of sessions make you diverge toward not spazzing out imo. it just takes time.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      After every session write down how much you spewed off and stick the note to you monitor if you won't start making less spew plays after a while you prob just hate money
    • Chenghao
      Chenghao
      Bronze
      just 2 list at the moment :

1) notes to take

e.g. villian goes broke with TPTK
      villian call to fit and fold
      vilian calls down with btm pair
      when he has a [set/flushdraw/straight draw /combo/ pp / air] on a [type of board] vs image of villian , he will ( check = x raise - r cbet , F- fold , D - donk float )
      will be if check to
      will check back hands with showdown value
      any timing tells , bet sizing tells.

2) rules for online poker
      1) play within role ( + each level + the amount)
      2) don't monitor your balance ( chips is not = money)
      3) treat the game seriously , don't be distracted - no browser , msn busy , don't let mum in when i play
      4) human needs - no mental distractions , exhaustion , hunger , be comfortable.
      5) tilt induced kill switch = if on a 2BI downswing or 4BI upswing
      bad beat twice in a row.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      I keep a text file (usually word, but have used notepad) open on which I have reminders on the key stuff I am trying to concentrate on/learn/apply.

I will also make notes in the file as I play on stuff I want to review post session that isn't picked up by just marking hands.

Oh, and pictures of hot topless models aged 18-22 stuck to your monitor will increase your winrate by at least 5bb/100.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      conall: sound
      nightfrost: surprisingly sound
      Chenghao: I think I'd need a larger monitor for that lot.
      Waiboy: impressively diligent. May have to run the detail past mrsjb first though.

Thx all
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      I sometimes write down as I play:

1) Money lost by of misclicks
      2) Money lost by making big bluffs against unknown opponents
      3) Money lost by clicking the call/bet/raise button and realizing 0,5 seconds later (before opponent reacts in any way) - OMG, THAT WAS A MISTAKE!!!
    • xylenecyanol
      xylenecyanol
      Basic
      I write down the usefull sentences in poker books that I've read and stick them on the book shelf right above of the monitor..I find them usefull..You can do the same..But sentences you have to choose yourself and it depends on what kind of poker you play,I mean NL,FL,MTT,HU etc.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Just found a major disadvantage of post it notes on monitors in conjunction with families. I have to put my monitor away under a table when I finish my session. Got it out again tonight, and all my carefully written out post it notes had gone! :f_cry:

Maybe I could just tattoo useful stuff on the back of my mouse hand and hope that the game doesn't evolve so much that I need laser treatment to get it off.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Just carve it out with a knife on your arms, it should heal by the time games evolve and it's cheaper than tattoo
    • breena
      breena
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fuzzyfish

3) Money lost by clicking the call/bet/raise button and realizing 0,5 seconds later (before opponent reacts in any way) - OMG, THAT WAS A MISTAKE!!!
      Yep done this one a fair few times :s_frown:

Yeah and post it notes are so last year, you need a white board

[img][IMG]https://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4931/600iwhiteboard.jpg[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      ive got a blackboard. oldskool
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze

I sometimes write down as I play:

1) Money lost by of misclicks
      2) Money lost by making big bluffs against unknown opponents

tilt much?

Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Just carve it out with a knife on your arms, it should heal by the time games evolve and it's cheaper than tattoo
      I like this
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I had kind of the same problem. For a while I had a bunch of post-its with all sorts of things. However I finally came up with one that really summed them all up.

In the center and in big letters I just wrote "STOP". Then right below it near the bottom I wrote "(and think)".

Then I kept a bit of a notebook that I would kind of read-through that had stuff similar to what I used to write on my post-it notes.