Hero ($111)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: Q:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, fold, fold

FLOP ($3.75) 4:heart: J:spade: K:spade:

CO bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

TURN ($8.75) 4:heart: J:spade: K:spade: 2:heart:

CO bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

RIVER ($19.75) 4:heart: J:spade: K:spade: 2:heart: K:heart:

CO bets $4.50, Hero raises to $11.70, CO raises to $41.75 (AI), Hero folds

CO wins $41

Villain - 26/26/inf AF so far over 40 hands

Do you vraise this river or just take the cheap showdown?
      @Turn feels like KJ against which I call down, but when he underbets the river, I'm thinking "oh, I guess he just has trips and I can valueraise vs worse kings"

What I didn't think about though was that if he indeed has KJ, he just made the nuts, no need to vbet/protect hard and I can't have too much to call with so he underbets to get a call from Jx etc and maybe even induce ... which he apparently succeeded in doing.
  • 3 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      if he´d made normal size bet like 12$, would you shove river for value?
      If not then I kind of like how you played it, although I´d definitely would raise river bigger to rep missed spades and I think he won´t also shove then worse hands. Right now I can´t be sure he isn´t turning his AJ into bluff, so if you make small raise I think I´d prefer calling
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      if he´d made normal size bet like 12$, would you shove river for value?
      No

Originally posted by Kaitz20
      If not then I kind of like how you played it, although I´d definitely would raise river bigger to rep missed spades and I think he won´t also shove then worse hands. Right now I can´t be sure he isn´t turning his AJ into bluff, so if you make small raise I think I´d prefer calling
      Gotcha, I didn't feel too good about my raise sizing either
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Weird hand. Against his tiny bet on R, I think we have to raise for value. I like $15-20 and then I guess we can fold if he shoves, though its kinda gross.

Doesnt make sense for him to be vbetting so small with a very strong hand...

As played I think we can still fold since these weird lines often turn out to be monsters. :)