NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($51.75)
      BB ($58.25)
      UTG ($17)
      UTG+1 ($27.85)
      CO ($148)
      BTN ($64.75)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.75, Hero raises to $6, fold, BTN calls $4.25

FLOP ($12.50) K:spade: Q:heart: A:club:

Hero bets $3.75, BTN calls $3.75

TURN ($20) K:spade: Q:heart: A:club: A:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($20) K:spade: Q:heart: A:club: A:heart: 2:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

As a standard it's the crappiest board ever, so standard would be c/f here ...

But I underbet 1/3 just in case to drive away whatever crap he might have - he either has everything or nothing on this board.

Now, you might be asking "but why do you bet when you only fold out hands that you beat anyway?"

My reasoning is that I'd be more than happy to take it down vs hands that I beat anyway and since I'm OOP, if I just try to check it down and this being NL50 where nobody likes to check down almost anything these days, if I check flop & turn and he decides to turn his SC's or low pockets into a bluff, I can obv never c/c and he'll take it with anything and everything ... so small cbet will fold out the crap which I'm very happy with and if not then at least it will keep them in check and they will check back turn & river with those hands at least and I don't get bluffed out by crappier pockets etc.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I prefer checking, since for example 15% your JJ is not doing great on that board and basically you have to turn your hand into bluff and also fire turn and maybe also river if you bet that flop, since Ax isn´t folding and also QT/KT/KJ/QJ that might give up on the turn or river, since your range has all the two pair hands+sets
      And if you bet turn then very likely he won´t call again KJ and might fold river his A7s
      If you check then he may also check behind, since he doesn´t really want to b/f and if he has air, you can always bet turn yourself and still rep very strong slowplayed hand if you afraid he migth bluff you off best hand, but usually on that board players doesn´t turn smt like 55 into bluff, since they don´t have enough fold equity and sometimes they are good against 89s