Theorical Question - Floated.

• AndreMG
      AndreMG
      Bronze
      This is very common. Playing the SSS.

I raise the standard, some one calls, the pot is HU, I hit nothing, I cbet, then the villain reraises.

Sometimes is a check raise, sometimes we are oop and its just a reraise.

So now? What to do ? Fold or All in ?

Is there a good hint or guideline, based on odds and flop texture to help me here against an unknown vilain?

I know its a very generic question, and I should post these hands on sample board forum.
  • 7 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      please give examples..

i personally make check/raise bluffs occasionally, but as with anything if you see your opponent do this very often you can 3bet him.

i'll typically do this on quite scary boards, as it has a great deal of success here. however, if you're playing on low limits, idiot villains may not realise that you're representing a flush, etc... so again it really depends on reads, etc.
    • AndreMG
      AndreMG
      Bronze
      Sorry I forgot to say that I am talking about SSS ( short stack strategy ).

I tought this was cash game discussion of SSS only.

I will edit the main post.
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Usually its allin.
      With 6 outs ( overcards ) at this point you have the pot odds 1:3 ( or better ) to draw.
      With a pocket pair you might be ahead ( if there is not 2-3 overcards on the board ). 99 on K47 board, you'r ahead most of time.
    • Utahmar
      Utahmar
      Bronze
      Ah i just see another Full Tilt victim you are :D
      Check my posted hands.
      Especially :
      Aj
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      you're posting in cash games discussion, i have no idea :P ... this is why i asked for examples.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by AndreMG
      Is there a good hint or guideline, based on odds and flop texture to help me here against an unknown vilain?

I know its a very generic question, and I should post these hands on sample board forum.
      You answered your question. Your play in marginal postflop situations is based on:

- odds and pot odds
      - board texture
      - opponents

I don`t like general rules here, so please, post your hands in the forum and I`ll do my best to correct your postflop play. However, if you want to get a very general idea - read this post:

Mike's poker diary

It has 2 examples.
    • AndreMG
      AndreMG
      Bronze
      OK, Thank you.

I will post my hands for sure.

I just asked because maybe it could exist some guilenes that I could follow and avoid losing money before I post my hands, lol.

But that´s ok, no problem about that A part of learning process.