Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.72
      CO:
      $2.02

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A:spade: , 8:spade: . Hero posts a blind of $0.02.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.08, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.17) J:spade: , 9:spade: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.41) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($0.41) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.23, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.41

Anyway that I could have got more chips into the pot?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Philfox1985,

Preflop: I don't like the Call here, rather just fold it.

As played
      Postflop: Check/Raise! We have to get maximum value and also build up the pot. Otherwise I'd just Bet the turn and river myself to get at least some value or as played bet river ~$0,30.

Best regards.
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Isn't it the case that a raise from late position is likely to be with a wider range?

I would imagine that A8s should be a decent hand against the raising range of a raiser from the CO?

In this case I was worried that with such a scary board any re-raise would prompt an instant fold. My thinking was that I could get more chips into the pot by inducing a bluff from the opponent on the turn/river.

As it turned out it looks like you were correct, given the turn card the opponent could never had called another bet without a spade.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Philfox1985
      Isn't it the case that a raise from late position is likely to be with a wider range?

I would imagine that A8s should be a decent hand against the raising range of a raiser from the CO?

In this case I was worried that with such a scary board any re-raise would prompt an instant fold. My thinking was that I could get more chips into the pot by inducing a bluff from the opponent on the turn/river.

As it turned out it looks like you were correct, given the turn card the opponent could never had called another bet without a spade.
      The problem is that it's NL2 and we can't really overplay the hand postflop unless we hit but we do not hit often enough to play this way very profitable. Also I wouldn't post the dead blind at MP.