Stack
      SB:
      $4.35
      Hero:
      $2.16
      MP1:
      $1.98

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:diamond: , Q:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.02.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.08, 4 folds, SB calls $0.07, Hero raises to $0.40, MP1 calls $0.32, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) A:diamond: , Q:heart: , 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero raises $1.76 (All-In), MP1 calls $1.58 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($4.06) 6:club:
      River: ($4.06) Q:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.06

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP1 shows (Kc Js)
      Hero shows four-of-a-kind, queens (Qd Qc)

Hero wins with four-of-a-kind, queens (Qd Qc)
  • 4 replies
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      Howdy,

Why overbet shove? We can just make cbet and ship it in on turn.

Good luck!
    • Philfox1985
      Philfox1985
      Bronze
      Reasoning was twofold:

1. There were two hearts, a third heart on the turn would have left me unsure.
      2. It looks kind of like a bluff, at least in my view, its such an over-bet given the pot size that many opponents think its either the nuts, or nothing.

I'm happy to be proved wrong on this, maybe others have an opinion?
    • Duudalinja
      Duudalinja
      Bronze
      You can always open this thread for other judges to take a look by selecting that option when you're posting.

I think you can make standard cbet (on a big side, like 0.7$-0.8$) and shove any turn card. If he spikes any draw on turn you still have outs and you can't fold anyway given your odds, but he may make a mistake by calling flop bet. Ofc that shove may seem bluffy and all, but I think with betting smaller we may induce more calls, it's hard to say what's he thinking about such a shove - it may just scare off worse hands or draws.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1. There were two hearts, a third heart on the turn would have left me unsure.

We don't want him to fold if he even has there flushdraw. We rather want him to make the mistake that he Calls us. :) Therefore make the bet like $0,55 to induce from him to ship with a lot worse or either just Call. And ship it on turn.

2. It looks kind of like a bluff, at least in my view, its such an over-bet given the pot size that many opponents think its either the nuts, or nothing.

No way, over-bet is rarely a bluff on such board. You are shipping with at least Ax, that's what would be my thinking if I would be the opponent and often times would they think the same. Also when we bet smaller we might even get called by hands like JJ, KK but against such a shove they will just not Call.