how the pro's effect your game

• 3 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi diversfx,

It probably affects different players differently.

I personally just tend to ignore them, try to play your usual A-game and beat them on merit. Others may try extra hard to bust them or adversely try to avoid them, but both of these can be very -ve imo.

Most of the Pro's, especially the lesser known ones, are expected to play a certain amount on the site raising awareness etc. They often multitable the micro limits, so don't expect them to necessarily be playing their A-game the whole time.

I've played in some tournaments against some well known U.K. pro's before, the likes of Barney Boatman, Joe Beevers, Paul Zimbler etc. They're actually really nice people and where possible they love to chat & share banter etc.
      The trouble is that they are often swamped with chat box followers all seeking 5 seconds of fame, so it's not easy for them.

Just give them the usual respect that you should show for any player (and would expect yourself) and enjoy playing against them is what I would say.

Enjoy your poker,

Bart
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      but what I was getting at was playing style wise/UB formally phil ville,u find lots of slowplay and trap play/pokerstars lots of smallball siuted connectors style etc
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      everyone plays exactly like the pro representing the site does