Discussion - Make Up

• nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Does anyone have experience with deals where the backer is putting up 100% ?

I have to questions:
      :spade: What are the standard terms for deals like this in terms of %'s and rakeback ?
      :spade: How does make-up work ?

Many thanks in advance.
  • 4 replies
    • FRODOFEET77
      FRODOFEET77
      Bronze
      65/35% backers cut is a good place to start and here is makeup
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Thanks Frodo, this is what I understood make-up to be. This covers what happens if some profit is made though, the bit I'm confused about is what happens if some or all of the stake is lost by the end of the deal. Is it normal for the deal to just end here or is it at the backers discretion as to how that money is made back ?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi I have moved this thread to general poker discussion as it is more appropriate there

Best regards

Thazar
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by nibbana
      what happens if some or all of the stake is lost by the end of the deal. Is it normal for the deal to just end here or is it at the backers discretion as to how that money is made back ?
      It might be advisable if your staker were to write up an agreement.

Technically you can just lose the stake and not pay any back, that's the point of a stake.

I have seen stakers include clauses like "You cannot leave the staking deal while in makeup". Obviously, there is no way to enforce this though. Most, if not all stakers, will allow you to replenish makeup with your own money, although this should NEVER be expected in order for you to leave the stake.

If you are concerned, just make sure you are very clear on the exact agreement with your staker. I have been in a couple of staking agreements and almost always like to make sure they are not going to send the bayliffs around when I blow their roll ;)