69 euros for a pokerstrategy t-shirt? seriously?

• conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      I don't know about you , but to me this seems extortionate. I'm 100% certain that these don't sell very much because of this. Its a shame I wanted to grab one, but anything over 20 euro is ridic. after all, getting a t-shirt printed and customised personally isn't expensive.
  • 24 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      It's only the diamond ones that are that expensive, it's because you have to earn the right to wear one. the other ones are like $15
    • Anssi
      Anssi
      Black
      The Diamond one is pretty nice though, I just wish they would give me more of them. But yes, I agree, 20€+ is way too much for T-shirt, especially if we advertise the site at the same time by wearing them.
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi conall88,

As bradomurder already pointed out those shirts are only for our Diamonds and we just put the amount so high, that nobody will order it ;)

We offer other t-shirts and polos which are quite cheap but still have a good quality. So for example:

_____13,95 EUR __________ 10,95 EUR

If you are interested in one of our Diamond t-shirts you will get one for free as soon as you have collected 7500 StrategyPoints in 28 connected days.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      IMO they should all be free, but your status determines what you are and arn't elegiable for. After all we already pay rake + we'd be promoting the site = more rake for you. Doing this may encourage members to grind more also. I would never spend money on one because imo thats abit sad.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      IMO they should all be free, but your status determines what you are and arn't elegiable for. After all we already pay rake + we'd be promoting the site = more rake for you. Doing this may encourage members to grind more also. I would never spend money on one because imo thats abit sad.
      I think, on balance, the PS.com model is set up nicely. I don't think suddenly giving out ~ 4 million t-shirts makes a lot of sense when the promotional $$ could be used elsewhere more effectively.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Anssi
      The Diamond one is pretty nice though, I just wish they would give me more of them. But yes, I agree, 20€+ is way too much for T-shirt, especially if we advertise the site at the same time by wearing them.
      They sent me 2 by mistake!
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      The way I see it, the ones on offer for a reasonable price could be regarded as uniforms. they are pretty uninteresting if you ask me.

I don't know why it makes financial sense to not diversify a bit and make t-shirts etc that cover all bases.

Like the skull t-shirt is nice, but come on; I can buy something equally nice on the high street for the same price or less. So what am I paying for? the pokerstrategy logo?

why would I pay for it? Shouldn't we be encouraged to wear it? giving us a reason not to from a branding perspective isn't exactly smart ...
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze

20 euros for that

I wonder which I would choose?....

no brainer imo
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi conall88,

We do not make any money with the shop. If a t-shirts costs us 10€, then we sell it in the shop for 10€. So the prices a really fair. You may find cheaper t-shirts, but then we have the better quality.

Our main product is our content as we are mainly a poker school and here we will invest most of our resources. The shop is a nice add-on, for all the ones who are interested in some PokerStrategy.com branded stuff.

Cheers,
      Hannes
    • Zemnieks11
      Zemnieks11
      Bronze
      if they give t-shirt when you archieve diamond status why not to give cheaper one when archieving Platinum or for example 25k, 50k points lifetime? its still a good archievment and some small prize for eforts would be nice.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      HannesZ, if that is the case then thats fair enough I can't argue can I :)

however, it seems odd.

that is all :D
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I think it would be a really nice idea if there was more gifts on the way to black membership, something free at 200,000 strategy points or something. I think the site has less to offer the more rake you produce as there aren´t that many mid stakes+ videos so most people are probably using other sites for those.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      yeah, I doubt il ever go beyond gold status, as Im almost never on full tilt these days

:D
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      Free T-shirt on 10k lifetime SP would be nice.
      I guess it's doable, since you give $75 to TAF with 5k SP.

Or 15k, whatever...
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

the free shirts are exclusive to Diamonds and will remain just that - exclusive. We can understand that you would all like to have one - but just imagine how the Diamonds that grinded for it would feel about that ;)

As for the price, Hannes has already pointed out the reasons.

Hadi
    • santostr
      santostr
      Bronze
      I don't want the ones with a diamond (yet). I'd like the fishy ones :f_biggrin:

Just a suggestion anyways.

Edit: To be fair to the grinders it could be like this:

X points lifetime (10k, 15k whatever)
      +Y points counting from the start of the promotion.

Still just a suggestion :f_biggrin:
    • fembot26
      fembot26
      Bronze
      conall88, this may be a silly question with an obvious answer, but where did you find the T-shirt in the image you posted? The design is pretty clearly "inspired" by later-period Maori carvings, so if it's not produced somewhere in New Zealand then it's likely a fairly cynical expropriation of indigenous art. Nice design otherwise.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by peche025
      I think it would be a really nice idea if there was more gifts on the way to black membership, something free at 200,000 strategy points or something. I think the site has less to offer the more rake you produce as there aren´t that many mid stakes+ videos so most people are probably using other sites for those.
      I agree with this... after someone reaches diamond there aren't really any more milestones to reach on this site...
      Giving a hoodie at 200k lifetime points would probably benefit everyone in the long run...
      You would be surprised how many accounts would prefer staying with pokerstrategy as their affiliate just to get a free hoodie =)
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Guys, the main incentive to play tracked through us is and should remain our educational content: articles, videos, coachings.

However, as a Diamond you're welcome to attend our Diamond community events - and in Munich for example, every Diamond received a hoodie from 888.

And speaking of Diamonds: We're currently redesigning the Diamond shirt, so that's something y'all can look forward to ;)