Come back season

• Phildini
      Phildini
      Bronze
      Hi all,

My name's Phil, I'm from the midlands in UK. I'm attempting a comeback after a mixed year last year.

I love to play sit'n'go's but have tended to be a break even player. Sharkscope is showing played 750 tourneys with an $18 loss, I think they were all $2.25 turbo's on FT.

I'm currently re-reading Moshman on sit'n'gos, followed by Moshman no limit headsup, followed by Online poker ace by Scott Fischman.

I've passed the ICM lite trainer and am working on the full trainer. I also plan to watch a few videos in the coaching section.

I work in I.T. have a young daughter and compete in amateur boxing. I start a new job on valentines day and have booked the week before off to pass my CCNA (geek).

I'm planning on investing £50 of my own money onto FT and playing the tournaments on there.

I only have £50 BR to start off, is it worth investing any of that in software or just going straight in? I used to play 9 handed $2 sng tourneys about 6-8 at a time.

I'm now planning to play 2-4 at a time to start off with, maybe increasing this amount depending on results.

Any advice, study guides etc. would be excellent

I may start a blog but I'll probably only be putting in 4hours a week (although I always say this, then end up playing 12hrs per week lol)
  • 1 reply
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Her Phildini,

welcome, or at least welcome back at PokerStrategy.com :-)

Planning to watch some vids is a nice idea, because you will see almost live how good players like our coaches evaluate actions and hands on their tables.
      How about getting even more involved and
      a) visit a live coaching and be able to ask questions in real time?
      or
      b) post hands where you have been unsure on how to play in our hand evaluation forum?
      Also a blog seems to be a good idea, I've seen quite a lot of successful SnG-players doing that (don't really know why its mostly sng-players...)

So if you have any questions, especially regarding the hand evaluations and live coachings - just post them!