Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN calls $0.40, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.95) Q:club: 3:diamond: J:spade:

Hero bets $0.70, BTN raises to $1.40, Hero calls $0.70

TURN ($3.75) Q:club: 3:diamond: J:spade: 8:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90

RIVER ($7.55) Q:club: 3:diamond: J:spade: 8:diamond: 5:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $3.80, Hero calls $3.80

46/18/3.5 91 hand

Again similar situation like in hand with kings, but this time it is weaker and the villains AF is higher. So there now - call his raise on flop?

And because I decided play passively on flop, I have to call turn and river.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Actually I'd say your play should be fine for the given reason that sometimes he might as well take such a line with bluffs, although if there were bigger bet then I'd more often inclined to fold it on turn. Just curious, what did he have?

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      He had J8.

BTW, what if his raise on flop would be much bigger? Then push maybe is better, because callling flop and turn would be more difficult if I call flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      He had J8.

BTW, what if his raise on flop would be much bigger? Then push maybe is better, because callling flop and turn would be more difficult if I call flop.
      The problem with pushing is that we just don't get Called by a lot worse and when he does raise there bigger then often we even might face a very strong hand. Plus we keep bluffs in the play and allow him to take a bluff-line on turn again.

Then he was just lucky to catch 2pairs on turn. :) If it wouldn't be a 8 on turn we might still catch bluffs and that's the reason why I like just Calling flop more, we keep such hands in play while with 3bet on flop we will make him fold.