Enough is Enough...Thread savers!

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Yo yo yo!

Time for me to make a serrious blog i think. Why? Because i'm fed up with this stagnation and lack of motivation.

The Storey

I've found myself going round in circles the last year. I grind a bankroll up to like $1,500/$2,000 start moving up to NL50FR then have to move down due to bad luck. I then lose a few buy-ins at NL25 and i decide to cash out and start over again.
      When i started playing poker 3 years ago i wanted to know everything about the game, would read every book and forum etc. These days i just tend to play and rarely watch videos. So this is me addmiting i need to start learning/become a student to the game again to move forwards, i'm sick of this cycle and i deffinatley do not want to just be grinding NL25 for the rest of my life!
      I currently am a Full-Ring player. I have played 6-max and S&G's aswell, but i know FR is both my favourite game and the one i am best at. I don't see any reasson in changing games before im atleast playing NL100 or NL200.

The Mission

I'm going to try and focus as much as possible on reviewing sessions (soon after i have played them), posting 1 or 2 hands from each session & reading articles/watching videos regulary.
      I've put $500 into my poker account to play NL25 with. I will not play lower than this limit. I generally only 4 table. Hopefully i'll be able to get to midstakes+ =)

What are my goals presantly?

Short term:

- Play NL25 and build my BR to $1,000
      - Devote atleast 50% of my poker time to learning
      - Be very pickey with when i play a session (ie: good sharpe mindset etc)
      - Post hands
      - Shot NL50 when BR hits $1,000

Middle term:

- Succesfully be a winning NL50 player
      - Mantain my levle of commitment to studying the game
      - Have enough BankRoll to be able to withdraw some to play some live poker in the summer (The Vic/Empire in London).

Long term (by end of 2011):

- Move up to NL100
      +
      More to be decided at a later date

I'll do my best to update as much as possible.
  • 9 replies
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      I like your determination! Keep us updated as much as possible (this means you'll have to study and watch videos of course ;) )

I have a feeling this is going to be an interesting blog. I just feel the energy :)

Good luck :f_cool:
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Thank you =) Well i remember what it was like when i was trying to become a winning player, i was very very determined, so i figured i'd just try and get back in that mind set to hopefully beat higher stakes than i presantly can.

It's actually really nice hearing someone say "I can just feel the energy", it's actually very encouraging for me. You see i'm recovering from suffering with multiple anxiety issuse. They used to really take controle of me, i hated busy places or been around strangers. I had a very difficult time been open and letting people in because of all the situations i'd find my self in. I've been seeing a counsellor though the last 2/3 months and i've really noticed a big improvement. The problems arn't so intense anymore and i've noticed all this positive energy everywhere, i mean i've noticed more people wanting to talk to me, me been more outgoing and not worrying about anything, and generally just feeling, giving off and recieveing nice vibes.
      It's quite fasinating how psychology like that works. Because i can notice all the positive changes that have/are happening around me and in my head mentally, but at the same time carn't notice the change thats triggered these positive things to occure (ie: Not been able to see whats changed on the outside for people to react diffrently/more positivley to me).
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      I do have this hand from last nights session, which was only 185 hands long. Thats ok though because afterall volume isn't my main focus atm.

I kind of figured what i did wrong on this hand but having other opinions is never a bad thing =)

I think on the flop i need to bet slightly more ($1.75 - $2). Turn should deffinatley been a check back with intention to call the river? I completley walked into that "check mate" situation on the turn by opening the shove up for him. But i did kind of figure beting $2.50 would of been less than he would bet on the river, but then whats is shove range on the turn? Just Q-X and 444?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $11.19
      UTG2:
      $26.53
      MP1:
      $28.54
      MP2:
      $21.45
      MP3 (Hero):
      $25.00
      CO:
      $30.21
      BU:
      $11.40
      SB:
      $31.97

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, K.
      UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 3 folds, BB calls $0.75, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($2.35) 4, Q, J (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, BB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.35) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $8.69(All-In), Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.85.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Well today has been a nice day so far, i spent all afternoon studeying poker =) I decided to start watching the crushing NL50 series. I plan to watch each video twice before moving onto the next to insure i digest everything. Even if i think i already know what there talking about nothing bad can happen by watching it again. I'm removing any stuborness/egotistaclnesss that i know anything. Thats why i'll probably read the bronze articles while i'm waiting to be silver again. Not because i have to but because i want to.

I also played a session recently, it was only 149 hands long. I finished the session at +56.24BB/100 which is aprox +$40. I'll be refering to things as BB and BI because i'm not currently intrested in the $$$ side of things, because its unrelevant and i don't want to be results orientaited. I probablly won't post a graph until atleast 10k hands have been played.

In todays session i've been wondering if it was incorrect to c-bet or double barral?

Play hand

Known players:
      MP2:
      $29.88
      MP3:
      $27.34
      CO:
      $25.00
      BU:
      $17.81
      SB:
      $39.37
      BB:
      $35.36
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $26.07
      MP1:
      $21.38

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with K, A.
      CO posts deadblind, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1.00, 4 folds, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.6) 3, 5, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, MP3 calls $2.00.

Turn: ($6.6) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.65, MP3 calls $4.65.

River: ($15.9) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $15.9.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of eights(K A).
      MP3 shows two pairs, kings and eights(K K).

MP3 wins with two pairs, kings and eights(K K).

Also this was my biggest pot won today. Villan was a complete TARDFISH! He was playing like 87/54 over a tiney sarmple of 31 hands. He would offten call down hands and raise/re-raise, so i figured if ever my hand is going to be good enough to ship, it'd be here:

Play hand

Known players:
      MP1:
      $28.49
      MP2:
      $37.69
      MP3:
      $51.67
      CO:
      $60.67
      BU:
      $26.89
      SB:
      $17.86
      BB:
      $29.42
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $26.51

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with A, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.75, MP1 calls $0.75, 5 folds, BB raises to $1.90, Hero calls $1.15, MP1 calls $1.15.

Flop: ($5.8) 2, A, 5 (3 players)
      BB bets $5.80, Hero raises to $24.61, MP1 folds, BB calls $18.81.

Turn: ($55.02) K (2 players)

River: ($55.02) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $55.02.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(A Q).
      BB shows a pair of kings(Q K).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(A Q).

I'm just going to chill out for abit now, then probablly studey somemore =) Maybe play another small session but i'll wait and see how i feel mentally.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Re-watched the first part of the "Crushing NL50 series" today to recap. I'll be watching the 2nd part latter on today maybe, it depends how long my college work takes :(

I expect to be playing in the Sunday1/4M this evening, i have a few tickets that need using up, once thats done i can uninstall pokerstars, because i dont play cash games or anything there anymore.

I've also played another session today which was 193hands, i havn't done the maths on how much $$$ i've won because i dont want to know, but my winrate for this session was 42.79BB/100. I'm finding my mind sharp and focused when i decide to play atm, so i'm happy =)

Im not so sure im happy with how i played this hand. Allthough i won the pot i feel i played it bad. What do you think?

Play hand

Known players:
      MP3 (Hero):
      $27.18
      CO:
      $12.90
      BU:
      $19.31
      SB:
      $23.90
      BB:
      $9.98
      UTG2:
      $42.43
      MP1:
      $28.38
      MP2:
      $25.10

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, CO folds, BU calls $0.75, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.85) K, 5, Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BU calls $1.25.

Turn: ($4.35) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.00, Hero calls $3.00.

River: ($10.35) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50.

Final Pot: $23.35.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and queens(Q A).
      BU shows a pair of eights(8 8).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and queens(Q A).
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      I've be abcent alot this week because i've had a very busy week with college...which really sucks X( But all my course work and stuff has been handed in now which means alot more time for pokerz :D

I've played another 1.2k(ish) hands since my last update, i think i'm up about 7 stacks in 2.5kish hands, i havn't checked and i dont plan to atm either. Just plan on keep studying and playing quality poker. I do however plan to pick up more vollume the second half of february so i can hopefully start shooting NL50 at the end of the month =)

160 views and not much intrest in this blog. Isit really that boring? I guess i'll have to find some thread savers in the morning :P I would do it now, but i need some sleep.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Good blog, ambitious plans :) Best of luck!
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze

• PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Your opinions on this hand?
      Villans 67/33, i only have 9 hands on him though.

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $25.00
      UTG1:
      $26.65
      UTG2:
      $23.45
      MP1:
      $13.87
      MP2:
      $16.87
      MP3:
      $8.05
      CO (Hero):
      $26.24
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $61.78

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9, 9.
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.85, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.85, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.05) A, 8, 4 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.05, Hero calls $2.05.

Turn: ($6.15) 2 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $6.15, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $6.15.

Turn fold correct or ship it? His range is alot more than A's and the size of his c-bet i thought was susspisiouse on such a board. Thought i probablly had the best hand but bailed on the turn :f_confused:

I kind of wish i'd of played it the way i normally would of and 3-bet pre flop.