This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10: Qq

• timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BU:
      $9.44
      SB:
      $9.62
      BB:
      $13.38
      Hero:
      $1.70
      CO:
      $1.85
      MP3:
      $10.81
      MP2:
      $1.89

0.05/0.10 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:heart: , Q:club:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 4 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.90) 9:club: , 2:diamond: , 4:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.70, Hero raises to $1.30 (All-In), SB calls $0.60.

Turn: ($3.50) T:heart:
      River: ($3.50) 2:heart:

Final Pot: $3.50

More interresting question is what if there were ace on the flop and I hold KK or QQ and I'm first to act. Should I make normal 2/3 bet (going all-in if my bet is 1.5 times bigger than my stack) or should I just play check/fold.
  • 1 reply
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Flop: 9 :club: A :diamond: 4 :club:

You hold same cards, pot and stack are also the same.
      Your play is cbet 2/3 pot (0.6$) and fold to reraise. We assume, that our 0.6$ cbet is big enough to force non-Ace hands out of the hand. If opponent re-raise we have to fold, because we are in wa/wb situation. We are ahead if he doesn`t hold an Ace and way behinf if he does. In the last case we have only 2 outs to improve... therefore, we don`t want to risk our whole stack and fold, if we can save substantial part of it.

According to the basic strategy you have to cbet/fold in this situataion, unless your stack:pot ratio is 1:1 or lower. But on NL 10 you can go all-in with a ratio 1.1 - 1.3 : 1, since players usually will re-raise your normal cbet with any trash.
      So if there are 10BB in the pot and your stack is 10-13BB or lower you can push.