SNG goals

• jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      I recently received 2nd and 3rd starting capitals from Party Poker and William Hill. I decided to give myself a new challenge and learn NL Hold Em SNG. I am a winning cash game and Rush poker player but have little experience at SNGs.

So far I've played around 100 games of $1/$1 + .2 SNG at these 2 sites. I looked myself up at Sharkscope and it gives me an ability rating of 66/100 and 72/100 my average ROI is 10% and 24%. I know that 100 games is nothing so these numbers are meaningless, however, I want to know what some good goals would be. I have read up to and including all silver ranked SNG articles and have been practicing with ICM trainer. What are some other tools to let me know how I'm doing besides sharkscope? At what limit should I start to table select? Should I be using a HUD?

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      Party poker $1 sng are really bad. They only offer turbo sng and the blinds structure is also really "fast" too. So i would suggest going to $3 sng if you can, becouse they offer them in speed mode, not turbo. Also the best to go if you can to fulltilt poker, you will get rakeback for sng rake, which can really boost your br.
    • jonnyquest
      jonnyquest
      Bronze
      Yeah the PP $1 SNG are pretty bad. The WH $1.2 are pretty good though. My primary account is on FT but I'm trying to learn a good solid SNG game with these free starting capitals before I start playing at Tilt. I've thought about playing the $3 at Party but they still have the insane 25% rake. Also, with only $60 I've only got 20 bi.