really dont know which way to turn!!!

• roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Have been playing poker for about a year now, have been playing mainly 6 max sit n gos, have not made any money at all and consistently keep losing, do people really make money playing on line poker? :(

Have read so many books and have spent lots of hours reading forums perhaps it is just time to admit im a fish!!!! My bankroll is down to 98 cents!! have been playing 8 cent games on titan!! I think what gets to me more is the fact that I earn 50 000 pounds a year in my real job, and have been spending hours trying to win a few cents at poker!!!
      I'm starting to realise the whole online poker thing is one big con!!! Does anyone on these sites earn any real money?
      Please if you can prove me wrong please let me know! I dont just mean the odd winner i mean lots of people on here!! Do you earn more than you would working?
      I spent tonight trying to up my bankroll and I could have just worked an extra hour in my normal job and made 25 times this!!!!
  • 7 replies
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Maybe 6-max S&G's arnt for you? Try something else? Maybe Full-Ring cash games?

Online poker isn't a big con. People do win money consistantly. In order for there to be winners they need to be more losers. Aprox 10-15% of players are winners.
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      of course people make money. otherwise it wouldnt exisit.

why not try 9, 18, 27 or 90 man sng's? i made clearly most my proift at the 90 man on FT.

As for your bankrole, if i was playing 8c games with that sort of income, i could not play my A game as i just wouldnt care. and th eopponents are likley just joking around. Put some of your own money in (a couple of hundred), play the $3 dollar games, and keep learning. it will turn around.

gl
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Sorry guys !!! this was posted after a really bad poker evening and a few too many beers!!!

Really great feed back though!! Will try switching games !!! :P
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      are you using BRM? are you posting hands in evaluation forums?
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      are you using BRM? are you posting hands in evaluation forums?
      obviously he is if he is playing micros and spending so much time on forums etc

@op- to answer if people to make money online then yes but you need to have a bigger br then 98cent sre you lost some, but if your make 50k a year you have enough $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to donate more to your pokernessssssss try playing with a heathy bankroll at stakes were people dont think KQ is a monster
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      try playing with a heathy bankroll at stakes were people dont think KQ is a monster

I don't think he should play higher limit if he did not prove himself that he can beat those who think KQ is a monster. But don't know, I don't earn 50K pounds a year, maybe this really has influence to a game :)
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      Sorry guys !!! this was posted after a really bad poker evening and a few too many beers!!!

Really great feed back though!! Will try switching games !!! :P
      Try to not drink beer while playing. Works wonders.