This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bad down swing?

• Burgeo29
      Burgeo29
      Bronze
      What do people consider a bad downswing when playing the low stakes 6man sngs.

I play around 30 games a day and have been winning over the last few months with the odd bad day but iv lost 6-7BI on 2 of the last 3 days.

Maybe this is standard, just wanted some opinions.

Cheers
  • 3 replies
    • variancekiller
      variancekiller
      Bronze
      100 buy-ins downswings are common to regulars in those games! the bigger your %ROI is the less big your downswings will be overall
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      6-7 BI downswings are nothing, even in cash games. Of course it sucks, but you must treat it as completely normal thing. And yes, you MUST do that :)
    • Burgeo29
      Burgeo29
      Bronze
      Cheers for reply guys!

My ROI is around 26% through 900-1000 games, though it took me the first 300 to break even after losing several bankrolls as I started out my online poker career.

It's good to know this is standard and I managed to stop the rot last night so hopefully that downswing is over.