SSS Questions...

• CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

Just applied for my $50 bankroll and im gonna start with the Short Stack Strategy. Just a couple of questions:

Have you used the SSS, successfully or otherwise? What are your thoughts on it? Do you have any suggestions, advice or comments?

Also, the strategy says we should join a table with 20BB, and leave when our stack grows beyond just 25BB. Why is this? It seems like ill be spending more time looking for tables than actually playing.

TIA

Creamy
  • 4 replies
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      Hi CreamyGoodness,

First, i'm going to assume your name refers to this...

and isn't a reference to an adult movie... but i digress.

SSS is a great strategy to learn for a new player, as it is much simpler to learn than BSS, and is less exploitable than BSS.

suggestions, advice and comments? start with NL10 (5c/10c blinds) and dont expect to win millions overnight. SSS is a swingy game, you will have upswings and downswings which are 10 buy in's or more. make sure you read the articles on Bankroll management and dont be afraid to ask for help. posting hands in the SSS Hand Forum and attending any live coachings will help too.

The reason we sit with 20bb and stand up with 25bb is simple. our edge over our opponents occours when we have 20bb or less in our stack. it opens up plays such as 3bet shoving which are not as effective with a larger stack size. in addition, while you are trying to build up your bankroll, it will make sure you are not risking too much on any one hand.

also, check out the video's by Gerv and AK on SSS, there both good, but i think AK's video's are slightly better for a new player.

[AK's voice]You must believe in the strategy![/AK's voice]

And most important of all, have fun and enjoy ;)

Cheers,

AlC
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Thanks Alcatrazzalzalz...alz ;) Couldn't have explained it better
    • CreamyGoodness
      CreamyGoodness
      Bronze
      Thanks for clearing that up for me Al!
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      no probs CG, any SSS questions feel free to post here or in the SSS forum, always keen to help someone out with the most pure form of poker there is ;)