Downswing at micros is it possible?

• CrazyFishh
      CrazyFishh
      Bronze
      Well runing -500BB on all in EV (20k hands) , not to mention whenever i go all in i always managed to get run over with higher straights mostly.

I am playing nl2 , started with 50 , in 1.5 week managed to get to 80$ with 8-9bb/100 hands and then i started loosing everyday. My all in EV values was 0 mostly and now its -500BB X( . Well i am still in small + but its like 3 weeks of playing was for nothing.
  • 12 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      You ran hot at first now you run bad, the end result is what you are actually worth
    • CrazyFishh
      CrazyFishh
      Bronze
      So having -EV allin value is standart ?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      over 20k hands anything can happen
    • CrazyFishh
      CrazyFishh
      Bronze
      I must be stupid been reading all the time and playing , why can't i beat the micro's at nl2 :( .

Last time when i played i didn't have problems at this level and actually went up to 320 pretty fine untill i lost everything on higher levels without BM.

Ill upload graphs , perhaps you can look at them a bit and help me?
    • Daenerys
      Daenerys
      Bronze
      Sure, graphs are fun!
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      graphs won't tell much at all. posting your stats might be helpful, tho I'm not very good at leak finding by stats, but maybe someone else will help.

Best thing to do is to go over your hands and post some troublesome ones there http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1387
    • CrazyFishh
      CrazyFishh
      Bronze
    • CrazyFishh
      CrazyFishh
      Bronze
    • CrazyFishh
      CrazyFishh
      Bronze
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      You play only 26% hands from the button? That's disgraceful. Make it 45%+ imo. Just play looser from late positions and tight from early positions. :)
      And steal/resteal more often.
    • DeetM
      DeetM
      Bronze
      I may well get shot down for this but I don't think you should be kicking yourself for not beating nl2. When you're starting out you don't just have to be better than the other people, you have to be better than luck, which is an inescapable part of poker.

If you're on a 10-man table then all things being equal you're only getting the best hand a tenth of the time - of course you can't just play the top 10% of hands - that wouldn't work anyway, so you have to know enough to beat luck.

In a lot of pursuits just being better than the other guy is enough but I think in poker you have to beat the game as well as the people - particularly since you're against 9 others at a time.

I sometimes wonder, though, how a darts player would do against 9 other people with 3 darts each, taking the score of the best 3 of their 27 darts against his 3. He'd have to be pretty good to win - this helps me stay out of trouble in the early stages of a micro sit n go, which is much the same if you ask me.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      The difference between VPIP and PFR is too big, I'd advice cutting down some of the hands you are calling with, you just won't be able to turn profit w such weak range w/o initiative.

Play something like 19/15 or so, that's completely fine at NL2 (and above too actually)

Your VPIP from SB is just huge comparing to your pfr from SB, you'll be leaking lots of money this way, usually it's best to be geared more towards 3betting or folding when facing raise and you are in SB.

Loosen up on the button (especially open raise a ton)

I don't see your 3bet or cbet stats so idk abt those and not rly familiar w PT stats so that's all I'm gonna comment on. Be more aggro preflop, loosen up in position, tighten up from blinds.