Over bets

• ryuuu
      ryuuu
      Gold
      Hi, if a guy at the table is overbetting pretty often is it wise to call/raise him from time to time even with worse hand or is it better to let it go and not take the risk ?
  • 7 replies
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      What i have noticed in microstakes personally that when people potsize bet or overbet they usually do it with the nuts. Very very rarely do i see people bluff like that.

I just love to think people at these limits are great poker players making bluffs like that trying to look weak. Or even thinking why would they do that with great hands? they'd just be chasing away almost all hands. But i've learned it the hard way and ran into the nuts nearly every single time.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Yeah, I also noticed that much more often they do that with very strong hands, which they don't know how to play and get maximum value. The same story with minraises (and for me personally it's much harder to get away from them).
      Sometimes overbet shoving might be good tactics though. Let's say we have KX on a KKJJ7 board and suspect our pretty cautious opponent has J. We are first to act on the river. If we check - our opponent might check behind. If we bet - he might very well just smooth call here. And if we shove - it's a very big chance that he will make a crying call :)
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Thanks for your helpful answer. :)

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • ryuuu
      ryuuu
      Gold
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Yeah, I also noticed that much more often they do that with very strong hands, which they don't know how to play and get maximum value. The same story with minraises (and for me personally it's much harder to get away from them).
      Sometimes overbet shoving might be good tactics though. Let's say we have KX on a KKJJ7 board and suspect our pretty cautious opponent has J. We are first to act on the river. If we check - our opponent might check behind. If we bet - he might very well just smooth call here. And if we shove - it's a very big chance that he will make a crying call :)
      "Hehe crying call" nice term :D But you are probably right about that one. Lately i havent seen so many overbets as before so maybe i just run into some lucky guy back then who had too many good hands in a row (or tilt fella).
      But thanks for your answers!! :f_grin:
    • ryuuu
      ryuuu
      Gold
      Oh and one more, tho little offtopic. Is there some quick way to get on threads on which i have posted?
    • flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ryuuu
      Oh and one more, tho little offtopic. Is there some quick way to get on threads on which i have posted?
      Add thread to your favourites, top right.
    • ryuuu
      ryuuu
      Gold
      Originally posted by flopraiser
      Originally posted by ryuuu
      Add thread to your favourites, top right.
      Thanks! :)