[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH QJs call from BU.

• Alleen86
      Alleen86
      Platinum
      Hello!

I called villian's rase from MP and floped top pair + OESD. I didn't want to 3-bet because I think that will be isolated against better hand and worse hands will fold. Postflop, my plan was pot control, because i thought there are many hands he wouldn't fold on flop and turn after my 3-bet, and I could also get my straight.

What do you think? Maybe fold or 3-bet preflop? Maybe 3-bet/fold or 3-bet/call on the flop could be better? What about turn and river?

His stats are: 16/14/25/5/89 (VPIP/PFR/Cbet/Agg/Hands)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $11.20
      SB:
      $5.83
      BB:
      $38.88
      MP3:
      $10.19
      CO:
      $9.42

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, J.
      MP3 raises to $0.30, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.75) T, Q, 9 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54.

Turn: ($1.83) 6 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90.

River: ($3.63) 2 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Final Pot: $5.63.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Alleen86,

Preflop: Doesn't really make sense, unless you know that he is going to fold to your 3bet and you take the pot down without fight.
      Flop: I like the Call better here since we have some showdown value and also we can still improve but when we getting in here we will likely be behind with our equity.
      Turn: For the given reason that he is giving that great odds, I'd also Call it and reevaluate river.
      River: Since he has pretty high AF therefore I guess he might as well bet this way sometimes even weaker pairs, maybe even JJ, therefore Calling on river ain't that wrong for the given odds he is giving us but of course folding would be just safer.

Best regards.