[NL2-NL10] NL5 AQ oop against min raise on flop

• valancius
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, Q.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, CO calls $0.16, BU folds, SB calls $0.14, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.52) A, 6, 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.36, CO raises to $0.72, SB folds, Hero calls $0.36.

Turn: ($1.96) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.93, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.96.

HEM info
      CO VP$IP:25/PFR:0/AF:inf/raise cbet:50%(2)/fold to cbet:50%(2)/after 7 hands

How should i react on min raise? I didn't had much info about opponent, now i look at this hand and question myself why i called this bet, he most of the time will continue his betting on turn. Does call and reevaluate hand on turn is possible here or should i fold or go for 3bet/broke, although it would isolate my hand to better hands.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello valancius,

Those are the spots where I prefer without any reads just to fold even if it's min-raise. Although there are various situations where I even continue but in this one, I'd prefer to fold for the reason that we will be OOP on turn against him and he is likely going to bet again. In such spots it's just safer to give it up the hand even if you have sometimes the best one, ain't worth risking.

Best regards.