[NL2-NL10] KK v A4s v BU

• Poker4Taxi
      Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.90 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K:heart: , K:spade:
      UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, MP2 raises to $0.14, 2 folds, BU calls $0.14, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.28, MP2 calls $1.00 (All-In), BU folds.

Flop: ($2.59) A:club: , 9:heart: , 6:spade:
      Turn: ($2.59) 2:club:
      River: ($2.59) 5:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $2.59

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Kh Ks)
      MP2 shows a pair of aces (Ad 4d)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Kh Ks)
      MP2 wins with a pair of aces (Ad 4d)

Hi all, nice to speak to you (I am a beginner so be nice please).

I know that this was a bad beat but that is not what i am asking.

I want to know whther i should have raised all-in to scare off the button or whether what i did and try and encourage him to put me all-in was correct.

I think i made the wrong decision. It didnt matter because he folded anyway.
  • 4 replies
    • ragney
      You want value from your KK. Shove is abit overkill, from 7bb to ~70bb? But anyway, you can't escape any board with KK while the villian is short stacked if he calls your 4bet. Ship it in flop or preflop against such stack size.

Play is fine, forget the bad beat.
    • Poker4Taxi
      Cheers. The all in would have been to isolate the short stack so I was only playing one. THat is why it was overkill, but thanks for responding.

I am sure the BSS guide (basic) suggests a push 3bet with aces and kings. Is that not best then, or have i misunderstood.
    • veriz
      Hello Poker4Taxi,

And welcome to the forums, it's good to see new names posting their hands and trying to fix their leaks. Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. :)

About the game, I'd say you can even raise smaller there, ~$0,60 or something similar, although putting the MP2 directly all-in ain't worth either, therefore nice hand! And just a cooler. We will earn a lot from such opponents in the future.

Waiting for more hands from you.

Best regards.
    • Poker4Taxi
      Many thanks. Sounds like I got both decisions I have posted right.

I have made a few bad ones as well, but those ones I know why they are bad if that makes sense.

Talk to you again another day no doubt.