Pokerstrategy SPAM

• freak42
      freak42
      Bronze
      I just received a spam mail from madpoker...****.com on my pokerstrategy account (unique email) address!

This blatantly is contrary to the Terms and Conditions as well as privacy statements from pokerstrategy and I consider that a crude violation of our relationship as well as our agreements. I am wondering are others also receiving spam linked to pokerstrategy?

So pokerstrategy: What are you planning against such misuse? Will you please stop selling our email addresses? I urge you to respond in this manner.

Best regards
  • 7 replies
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      Hi freak42,

I can assure you that we do not sell any personal data, including email address, of our users. I perfectly understand that you're upset, however please understand that we will in no way act against our own privacy statements.

While this might seem the most obvious reason, it may as well be sheer luck (bruteforce) or your email provider - which I must say isn't that renown ;) - might have sold it as part of a larger batch.

Hadi
    • freak42
      freak42
      Bronze
      Hello,

thank you for your response, however both your suggestions for alternative sources of the email address are unlikely.

First: I used a unique email adress from http://www.spamgourmet.com to sign up on pokerstrategy.com, this email address isn't used anywhere else, and has NEVER received any mail other than from pokerstrategy.com previously.

Second: It is rather unlikely that my provider gmail nor spamgourmet have sold out this address for various reasons including the point that the mail was poker related to begin with.

tia
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      whats the big deal if you get spam like just delete it
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi freak42,

I am sorry for this e-mail, however as you can read in our Privacy Policy we do not sell your e-mail address and all your data is strictly confidential.

As Hadi already wrote the only option left would be brute force and "madpoker...****.com" guessed your e-mail address. In fact they are also specialized in poker they may try to spam all addresses which use words like poker, pokerstrategy, etc.

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • qnb07
      qnb07
      Bronze
      i've also received emails from madpoker. but it wasn't on the email account that i used to sign up with pokerstrategy. so as the others said just delete/ignore it like any other spam
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ye i just heard that they randomely guess email address its just a coincidence you like poker, pokerstrategy is a good brand they wouldnt do stuff like that
    • Hadi
      Hadi
      Bronze
      It's not so much guessing, but a program called "brute force", which will essentially just try a ridiculously high amount of combinations.