whats the worst starting hand in omaha

• pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      so we all know that 27 is the worst mathmatical starting hand in poker althogh if its suited and your in the small blind and its folded around to you its a monster but thats the the point :D

whats the worst starting hand in omaha, i play PLO HU and i play nearly every hand delt to me and i couldnt think what the worst hand is i guessed it would be 2:spade: 2:heart: 2 :diamond: 2:club: but i dont know

i would just google it but i love the banter on pokerstrategy
  • 21 replies
    • SirPaulius
      SirPaulius
      Bronze
      2 :spade: 2 :heart: 2 :diamond: 2 :club: ??
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SirPaulius
      Yea
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      ok i should name this the stupiest thread going but i avent slept in 2 days leave me alone
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Four of a kind in a pocket, definitely. The worst is obviously 2222, but AAAA is not very far ahead.
      But there's no point finding the best or worst hand IMHO (as long as we talk about four different cards in the pocket), because the difference between equities of a good hand and trash hand is too little almost always. For example, lets take A:club: K:club: A:heart: K:heart: (considered the best Omaha starting hand) against Q:diamond: 8:spade: 2:club: 6:heart: - it might look that this trash hand is being crushed, but in fact this is only a 70-30 situation.
      And thats why NL Omaha is evil :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alficor1
      Yea
      Oui
    • Roachor
      Roachor
      Bronze
      hmm ok ... i thought 2222 was an awesome starting hand.. 4 of a kind = instant win.... good that i dont play Omaha ":D
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      actually mathematically 27o is a better hand than 23o
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      Heads up - yes, but at full ring 32o has more value that 72o. Not sure about 6max though, but IMHO it's the same as full ring.
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      Heads up - yes, but at full ring 32o has more value that 72o. Not sure about 6max though, but IMHO it's the same as full ring.
      from what i heard 27o is the worst hand as it is going to win the least amount of times in a full ring game if all the players went all in preflop
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Yea
      Oui
      It saddens my heart that no one wanted to join in the magical quote chain where we all say "yes" in different languages. :(
    • Alficor1
      Alficor1
      Bronze
      Yea
      Oui
      It saddens my heart that no one wanted to join in the magical quote chain where we all say "yes" in different languages. :(
      Ich bitte um entschuldigung, mein Führer.

OT: visit my blog and rate my new number 1. :f_cool:
    • theguy
      theguy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Leito99
      Originally posted by Bliausmas
      from what i heard 27o is the worst hand as it is going to win the least amount of times in a full ring game if all the players went all in preflop
      Is it ?( I think it is the worst because it is the lowest possible combination without any connectivity or suitedness which makes it the hardest to actually play. I'm not sure but I would say that 23 would loose more often than 27 in your prescribed situations.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      At a 10max table we have 3,98% equity with 72o against 9 random hands. We have 4,97% equity with 32o under the same circumstances.

At 6max table these equities are 7,64% and 8,21% respectively.

Heads up: 29,23% for 32o and 31,72% for 72o.

Problem solved :)
    • Jafreiteris
      Jafreiteris
      Bronze
      23 and a2off are my most hated hand, becouse i have been beat to many times by a higher straight
    • SilverSag
      SilverSag
      Bronze
      The infamous 72 actually has better equity against AA than AK :f_p: so, it is really not that straightforward :f_p:
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      There is always a group of hands that has a very bad equity against certain pocket pair beginning with 33, and this proves nothing ;) Equity against a random hand - this is the most objective way to judge the strength of the hand. If you compare hands by taking them into "duels", you will never get a solution because of "rock-paper-scissors" effect: AKo > JTs, JTs > 22, 22 > AKo, and so on...
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Bronze
      u play on stars? we should play some day
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Roachor
      hmm ok ... i thought 2222 was an awesome starting hand.. 4 of a kind = instant win.... good that i dont play Omaha ":D

In Omaha, you must use two holecards and three from the board, not like in Hold'em, where you can mix'n'match as you wish.
    • Bliausmas
      Bliausmas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      u play on stars? we should play some day
      Me?